[THEME] Gingercomb DX 2.3 .595 Deodexed Only!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I present to you "Gingercomb Juiced"

attachment.php

Install Instructions:

This theme requires you to be on the DEODEXED .595 leak, if you are not, do NOT install this theme. If you are, install via Bootstrap Recovery (D2 Recovery, not DX Recovery). Wipe Cache if you bootloop and enjoy!

Whats Included:

- Complete Honeycomb/Gingerbread/BlackJuice Hybrid Interface
- Honeycomb Boot animation from Xoom Tablet
- CRT Off modification
- Built in Modified HC Wallpaper (use menu > wallpapers > browse through)
- Black Pop-up Menu
- Black Settings
- 10% Battery Increments
- Numerous Fixes
- Custom Stuff ;)

Download Information:

Droid X
Droid X (mirror)

If you like my work, please Donate (anything helps!)

Enjoy!
dancedroid

Attachments

• Gingercomb.CRT.png
    Gingercomb.CRT.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 4,881

Getwired

Reaction score
I love you, man!

I am very happy to be wee-eee-zing on the ju-uice again. My .595 gingerbread was starting to taste a little stale with out that honeycomb juice. :icon_ rocker::yr1::icon_ rocker:

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
Curious does your guys home screen rotate. I've been behind the 8 ball on getting my devices updated to .595 and yesterday I updated one and installed the updated theme and noticed the homescreen no longer rotates. Just was curious if it is an issue on my end or not.

Getwired

Reaction score
Yes, my screen rotation animations are all working fine, however, settings.apk (as in the System Settings app) appears to have been borked, so I've re-downloaded and flashed, and am trying that again. Fortunately I use Titanium Backup, and just was able to restore from a backup to get into my settings, tho it is not themed black to match, with those nice colorful icons. Will update after troubleshooting...

Getwired

Reaction score
settings.apk still borked

Well I dunno what the heck is going on, but my settings app is still "untheme-able". Redownloaded and reflashed, still not getting themed. Searched entire filesystem for any lingering .odex files, and they're gone. I'm on deodexed .595, and haven't had any other issues... Any ideas (other than wipe data / factory reset), which I'm sick of doing from all these leaks, lol. Anyone? :icon_eek:

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
My guess is because you restored Settings.apk using TB it was from a prior build and that is why you are having issue. Specially if you used TB to restore the app & data. My only suggestion at this point to avoid having to fully wipe/factory reset is go into settings>Applications>Manage apps. Then click all and scroll down to settings and clear cache. Once finished with that reboot into recovery and try reflashing the theme.

FYI tho I did figure out my prob. Still not sure if it is the theme or the ROM I had installed prior to flashing the theme. Anywhoo to get the homescreen rotation working I flashed the .588 270 rotation *.zip and all is good to go now. From my understanding stock BlurHome does NOT rotate unless it is patched which is why I tested flashing the .588 rotation *.zip. Not a big deal to me anyways seeing as I normally use ADW Ex. I would however like to figure out where the issue is from. IE the theme *.zip or the actual ROM. My guess is theme seeing as it has BlurHome.apk in it when installing.

Getwired

Reaction score
My guess is because you restored Settings.apk using TB it was from a prior build and that is why you are having issue. Specially if you used TB to restore the app & data. My only suggestion at this point to avoid having to fully wipe/factory reset is go into settings>Applications>Manage apps. Then click all and scroll down to settings and clear cache. Once finished with that reboot into recovery and try reflashing the theme.

Yes I understand your point, however it was after flashing the theme on to .595 that the settings.apk was gone, and that restore via TB was from the same .495 build, so I dunno...

Screw it, I'm SBFing to .340 now, rooting, going straight to .595 deodexed, wiping, then ZS 1.7, then trying theming again...just to start from a clean slate... :icon_ owned: CRAP!

Might dig through the theme .ZIP as well, to see what other things / mods I might try. Just got Gingercomb Juice back, and I'm not prepared to give it up again already because of ZS 1.7...I'm gonna MAKE it work, if I can!

Will post back here in a little while to let you all know how it goes.

Getwired

Reaction score
Starting to think that most of those 130,000 Android activations per month are from me... :icon_evil:

Aixelsyd

Reaction score

Yes I understand your point, however it was after flashing the theme on to .495 that the settings.apk was gone, and that restore via TB was from the same .495 build, so I dunno...

Screw it, I'm SBFing to .340 now, rooting, going straight to .495 deodexed, wiping, then ZS 1.7, then trying theming again...just to start from a clean slate... :icon_ owned: CRAP!

Might dig through the theme .ZIP as well, to see what other things / mods I might try. Just got Gingercomb Juice back, and I'm not prepared to give it up again already because of ZS 1.7...I'm gonna MAKE it work, if I can!

Will post back here in a little while to let you all know how it goes.

first off don't forget you can NOT go directly from SBF .340 to the deodexed .595 GB build. you must install the .588 first after SBF before trying the .595 file.

the other thing is when you tried this earlier were you on ZS 1.7 also before trying the theme. If so that could be part of the issue maybe if the ROM dev changed anything in framework or with Settings. Just something to throw out there to think about. I know alot of the time themes are specific to a certain ROM/build.

codustyle

Reaction score
yo juice.... any difference between this one and the one ive been running on .588? thanks.

also has anyone had any issue with the phone just randomly powering off while using this theme? its the only mod i have, but i doubt its the theme, and its prolly the new phone i just got from assurion. but just wanted to ask before i go thru all the BS of sbf'ing it back to 340 just to make a warranty claim. thanks gents

juice you da bomb, cash on the way,

Getwired

Reaction score
For anyone running ZombieStomped 1.7...

Check this post and thread out...

Great work Juicemane! Looks like ZS 1.7 is the shiz at the moment ... I suppose it would be rude to ask what the likelihood of a proper version for that might be? GORGEOUS theme, man.

J3anyus

Reaction score
Check this post and thread out...

Great work Juicemane! Looks like ZS 1.7 is the shiz at the moment ... I suppose it would be rude to ask what the likelihood of a proper version for that might be? GORGEOUS theme, man.

I'll second this - your theme is *stunning* and ZombieStomped 1.7 seems to be the best ROM out right now. Any chance you might be able to release a version of this theme for ZS?

Thanks for all you do :)