[THEME] Gingercomb with a touch of Juice - 2.3 Gingerbread Theme

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Juicemane stikes again! Just when I was fighting to give up rubiX with Black Juice. $$$ on the way soon bro! God bless you man!

EDIT: Don't have time just yet to install but will report back asap.

EDIT 2: WOW! Killa boot animation! Theme looks great, as expected. Just FYI, we can actually boot into bootstrap recovery but you MUST UNCHECK USB DEBUGGING FIRST!!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Looks good...thanks!

Can I post this over at DroidXForums.com or will you?

Thanks!!

jackdancerdroid

Reaction score
Amazing work

Decided to throw together a quick theme for the GB leak for the Droid X (Not sure if this works on the D2, use at your own risk) This theme is a combination of my previous themes (Black Juice, Gingerbread, and Honeycomb) and has a bit of Blur left. Tried to make the default theme a bit cleaner and add some touches to it. This is a rough release, it is not 100% themed, but the majority of it looks amazing. Check this thread for regular updates and feel free to share this link on other forums. Now the fun part.

Install Instructions (READ THESE)

This theme requires you to be on the DEODEXED leak, if you are not, do NOT install this theme. If you are, install via Bootstrap Recovery (D2 Recovery, not DX Recovery). Wipe Cache if you bootloop and enjoy!

This theme contains the HC Boot animation as well as a custom themed keyboard (my work)

DOWNLOAD HERE

If you like my work, please Buy me a Beer!

Enjoy! dancedroid

amazing work my friend. this takes my dxgb to another level. ill donate some goodness when i get paid. thank you again. jackdancerdroid. :icon_ banana::lifting:

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Looks good...thanks!

Thanks!!

Go for it, just link back to this thread and throw my donation info in it if you dont mind. Ive been working non stop since the deodexed rom leaked to put this out and be the first theme. Hope you guys enjoy it and thanks for the support!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Looks good...thanks!

Thanks!!

Go for it, just link back to this thread and throw my donation info in it if you dont mind. Ive been working non stop since the deodexed rom leaked to put this out and be the first theme. Hope you guys enjoy it and thanks for the support!

Great thank you!! I have posted it over with credit and link back to this thread!! Definitely thank you!

Jakeworld

Reaction score
@Juicemane: Would you be able to update the framework-res.apk with the CRT Off Animation? I tried to do it myself with APK Manager 4.9, but was running into a host of errors from the .9 prior to the .png extension, as well as an incorrectly allocated index in the public.xml. I can still recompile the file without any errors, but the package becomes smaller, which I would imagine is a result of the unallocated files that get nixed rather than assigned.

The process simply entails changing the boolean value of "config_animateScreenLights" to "false" in res/values/bools.xml (when decompiled). I would like to try fixing this myself for the experience, but alas, I do not know how as of this point. Any help would be most appreciated.

mcp770

Reaction score
Juicemane,

Copied your post and links over to mydroidworld.com . Figured the home of the gingerleak was missing out on your work. Been on a juice theme since the beginning and I'm glad to continue the tradition.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
@Juicemane: Would you be able to update the framework-res.apk with the CRT Off Animation? I tried to do it myself with APK Manager 4.9, but was running into a host of errors from the .9 prior to the .png extension, as well as an incorrectly allocated index in the public.xml. I can still recompile the file without any errors, but the package becomes smaller, which I would imagine is a result of the unallocated files that get nixed rather than assigned.

The process simply entails changing the boolean value of "config_animateScreenLights" to "false" in res/values/bools.xml (when decompiled). I would like to try fixing this myself for the experience, but alas, I do not know how as of this point. Any help would be most appreciated.

Im not sure what it is, but I will look into it.

Juicemane,

Copied your post and links over to mydroidworld.com . Figured the home of the gingerleak was missing out on your work. Been on a juice theme since the beginning and I'm glad to continue the tradition.

Thanks bro! Appreciate the support!

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Looks good...thanks!

Thanks!!

P3 gave another themer props on twitter for being the first on scene with a gingerbread theme. I replied with your post as I clearly saw your tweet way prior. Trying to make sure you get your props bro. Hopefully Drod will tweet your theme and blow it up like p3 did for the other one. Have your server ready! lol

mydroidworld post

Thanks bro!

bd1212

Reaction score
Is there any chance of you making the settings black? I can't stand the white background of the settings, it doesn't look good to me and is to bright at night. A black background in the Settings is much nicer.

Also, can you incorporate the CRT-off animation into this theme? That'd be perfect? Also, did you theme the dialer at all?

This theme looks great so far, by the way!

bladearrowney

Reaction score
I took the plunge and installed this on my D2. Phone boots up and most of the theme works pretty well. Now, here's what is broken...

Sliders are all messed up now. The unlock symbol on the left slider has been replaced by the sound symbol, and both sliders have been rotated 90 degrees. The power off menu is all funky, with the text for power off being changed to "Sound is OFF" and it partially cuts off the text for sleep mode. When long pressing to change what keyboard you are using for input, the message you get first is "Phone storage is getting low" with a "edit text" button, which upon clicking that, you get a pop up box that has 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLM... as the title. Gmail inbox doesn't display text properly.

Overall though, great work, can't wait for a solid port to the D2!

bd1212

Reaction score
forgot to ask but how do you read that battery lol?