Gingercomb with a touch of Juice - 2.3

bladearrowney

Reaction score
you have to already be on rooted GB to flash the deodexed rom. Just fire up cwm and flash it like a rom, with NO WIPES.

Now, onto this theme. I flashed it too, you can see my comments on it on the DX thread. It's not just the sliders that are borked, the power off menu is messaged up, keyboard selection is messed up, the gmail app is messed up, etc. There's a lot of work to be done to make the theme a daily user for the D2, however what works looks nice. Just a warning to anyone who runs out to flash it, you'll either want to have a backup or have the d2gbdeodexed file on hand to reflash your phone with to undue the theme

fishaholic

Reaction score
you have to already be on rooted GB to flash the deodexed rom. Just fire up cwm and flash it like a rom, with NO WIPES.

what did you do about all the FC's that kept on happening? says to wipe but a wipe after install causes bootloop city

bladearrowney

Reaction score

what did you do about all the FC's that kept on happening? says to wipe but a wipe after install causes bootloop city

Actually, now that you say that, have you tried redownloading the deodexed gb update zip and trying again? P3Droid made a mistake in his initial upload and posted an incomplete version of tranquility that was all kinds of messed up. He fixed it shortly after, but it's possible you got a bad version

OP
G

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
Screen shot of theme

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
G

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
Here are the steps I took as best as I can recall:
Sbf to stock
Bootlooped so I data wipe in android recovery..boot up fine
Signed in
Rooted with z4 root
Installed koush d2 bootstrapper from sd card
Rebooted in bootstrap recovery
Installed rooted gb rom
Reboot
Reboot into recovery
Installed the deodexed gb zip (on root of sd card)
Reboot...took couple minuted of droid eye until it loaded
Rebooted into recovery and flashed imoseyon zip 6.1
Reboot....setup quickclock adv
....that was last night

This morning...
Dl the gingercomb theme
Reboot into recovery and flashed that.
Froze some apps and id say that's about where I am now

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

fishaholic

Reaction score
im testing the theme now to see what can be removed to make it work well on D2.... mainly all i really want it the battery icons... if all else fails im going to try and make a zip that themes the notification bar :/

so far all i really notice is the lock bars, and the lock menu screen

Last edited:

kageurufu

Reaction score
I just installed this, then replaced the gmail.apk with the original, and just ignore the power and lockscreen until they are fixed. I'm going to try to patch all this up unless someone else beats me to it.
I've never themed android before, so its gonna be an adventure, but this theme looks amazing, even broken

cydetrakd

Reaction score
it should be soon sometime tonight or tommorow hopefully he is porting it to the d2

Originally Posted by Juicemane
Originally Posted by cydetrakd
any idea when the d2 version of this is coming out?

Today hopefully ;)

** Edit - yea finishing it up now and uploading asap!

sweet cant wait for it tired of the stock look thanks in advance juice
user_online.gif