[THEME] Gingercomb with a touch of Juice - 2.3 Gingerbread Theme

rqbaljh

Reaction score
Thanks!

Appreciate the support guys. Glad you like it!

Juicemane - Is there anyway to change the clock in the status bar to be the blue like the strength indicators in the status bar?

Also, I have an app that shows the day number and abbreviated day name under it, in the status bar, example, the nnumber 6 above WED. It only comes in black or white, any chance to make one of those in blue as well as an option? The app is called date in tray.

Any updates planned?

Edit - here's a blue keyboard I found that would be cool to include too:

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-mods/6378-themed-installable-gingerbread-keyboards.html

DJxPanda

Reaction score
yoyo just now finally flashed this on my phone. gotta say, SICK bootup. def my fav one that i've seen. I'd love to see that like as a background or something. lol but yea. i love this theme. so classy. i think a very classy like clear icon set would be awesome. almost like launcher pro ones. Also you should try and see if you can make some of it aosp, like the messaging app. cuz the gingeraid had that and it was really nice. regardless amazing job!

rqbaljh

Reaction score
Update for the OTA GB 4.5.588

Please include an option to have the clock in the notification bar be blue when you update for the new GB. Also, a day/date in notification bar would be cool, like Date In Tray has but yours should be blue, it's day number over abbreviated day name, 15 on top of FRI, for example.

Please let u sknow if you're going to update for the new release and if so, when.

rqbaljh

Reaction score
Gingercomb for OTA GB 588

Juice!! love love love the theme.

hey, I'll send u some beer money if you make:

1. the notification bar clock be blue like the battery percent is blue

2. make a date day in notif bar blue like dayweekbar english by Sakura Soft - shows day num ber over abbreviated day name, 17 over SUN, really cool

3. make it in the the new OTA GB

4. make it where we can overlay the current gingercomb running on the OTA gb 588

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
An option would be nice for the blue clock and batery % but I also think we should still be able to leave it white. IMO to much blue can be over done and perfer the white clock and battery % myself.

Updating this to the OTA would be great also when time permits

rqbaljh

Reaction score
Ill update it to the OTA soon probably.

Cool!! can you define "soon"?

Also, will you please tell us if we need to be pure deodex GB or if we're already running the old theme on GB, can we just overlay it with the one your're working on?

HUGE pluses if you make the notification bar clock blue like the batt indicator.

heybikeman

Reaction score
I have a stock X can I download this theme?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rqbaljh

Reaction score
ota 588 update - banner change?

Juicemane - if possible, and not too much work, is there anyway you could include an option for us to change the lockscreen banner from verizon to something we choose?

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
Juicemane - if possible, and not too much work, is there anyway you could include an option for us to change the lockscreen banner from verizon to something we choose?

If you are running the .588 file from over at MDW you should already have the feature to change it. P3 put in as part of the build. And fyi I am running Juiced on my GB .588 setup and just tested the feature and it works fine. So the theme has no affect the function working or not. Here is a link to the details on it.

Gingerbread 4.5.588 - Built in easter egg

rqbaljh

Reaction score

If you are running the .588 file from over at MDW you should already have the feature to change it. P3 put in as part of the build. And fyi I am running Juiced on my GB .588 setup and just tested the feature and it works fine. So the theme has no affect the function working or not. Here is a link to the details on it.

Gingerbread 4.5.588 - Built in easter egg

Yeah, I know that part, thanks tho. I followed that thread as it unfolded and what a mess that was. I ended up using unkleduke's deox file, which actually deox's stuff P3's doesn't. I'm running this theme on it as well.

Froze a bunch of bloat with bloatfreezer and my DX is screaming fast. I'm not sure going thru P3's to deodex processes (and all the potential fail points) and then back to unkle's just to get the banner changed is worth it.

I know juicemane is working on updating for .588, so I just thought I'd ask if it's possible to include that as an option/mod.