The Ultimate Droid 3.0.1 - Multiple Phones

chewy74

Reaction score
Yeah,I'm not sure why all ROM don't include at the very least a file management app packaged. What I normally do is dl the rom zip to my phone and drop titanium bu and root explorer into the system/app folder of the rom.zip before flashing. Astro will rezipp the file and then flash and you will have both tb and re installed in system. You can also move them to sd or phone later using tb batch option to move apps

yeah, i havent had a single issue since restoring via this method from/to any ROM.

for new users of this method
READ THE WHOLE TUTORIAL

Yes. This method is flawless and a must do technique when changing RdM's.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I have used this method dozens of times but if the ROM doesn't come with TiBu you have to download from market. I have flashed this ROM twice and it still does not allow me to download or sync the market. It doesn't even have a file mgr built in to recover my back up on the sd card.

Edit: I cleared market cache but unable to clear market data.

luv2golf

Reaction score
I try not letting the market do anything. Before i log in to google, i go into privacy settings and disable google backup and allow app install from unknown sources. Then i log in and download titanium backup only and restore the apps i want and data. I didn't used to restore contact settings but found that i didnt have to merge all my contacts together every time if i did.

I didn't have market issues but i did have issues with a few apps, i just uninstalled them and downloaded those few from the market.

First time I tried it this way. I am now able to d/l TiBu and restore apps. Thanks.

chewy74

Reaction score
Battery percentage not working under the ud settings

btonetbone

Reaction score
yeah, i havent had a single issue since restoring via this method from/to any ROM.

for new users of this method
READ THE WHOLE TUTORIAL

Yes. This method is flawless and a must do technique when changing ROM's.

I have used this method dozens of times but if the ROM doesn't come with TiBu you have to download from market. I have flashed this ROM twice and it still does not allow me to download or sync the market. It doesn't even have a file mgr built in to recover my back up on the sd card.

Edit: I cleared market cache but unable to clear market data.

That's not true about having to donwload it from the market. You can easily install it by (at any time between now and your next flash) going to Menu -> More -> Create "update.zip".

That will allow you to create a .zip that you can flash after flashing a ROM to easily add TiBu whenever you'd like.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^raidzero's LGB 1ghz is nice & smooth for me. Trying to kill my battery to wipe stats & it's cool with no issues.

jbg25

Reaction score
so far this has been real good.

I had no problems with a full wipe and then letting the phone restore everything. After that I used TiBu to restore the missing apps and the data for the apps that needed it.

I had the duplicate contact issue when I went from UD3Beta to RC2...but this time no issue. It may be a transition to GB issue. After it happened I deleted all the dups and merged a few that had split with different info...and it has not popped up since.

RZ's LGB Kernels are very smooth.

nornevrder

Reaction score
Diggin the rom so far. Fast and smooth. I just dont see my favorite notification tone "DROID" :sad: No problems to report of. Oh yeah I got the venom theme running as well

BostonDan

Reaction score
Keep getting hot reboots with TB using the method outlined in GLD's method for a clean install. Have had nothing but problems in this new OS. I usually install BD's roms immediately without issues, but this time I think I will have to forgo UD's latest work until it is more stable.

Cheers,
B.D.

ckburks

Reaction score
having the same issue with texts....actually no notification from messaging, handcent, and chomp. About to try a new kernal to see if that helps.

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
I have used this ROM all day and it is real smooth. A couple of issues continue to annoy me:

1 - the camcorder will not record in low or MMS resolution. YouTube and high work fine.
2 - custom ringtones from my SD card will not appear. I have reloaded media and even copied the tones to system media, but nothing seems to work.
3 - block ads does not work. I was able to enable it once, but it stopped working after a reboot.

Other items seem to lose settings after reboot, but nothing I can document.

Anyone have solutions for the above?

ckburks

Reaction score
ok getting notification now on text...for now..switched to slayer kernal...now anyone have an idea why it takes forever to load my programs on a reboot? I lose the widgets like when they are on an sd card but they are internal....

jeffcicale

Reaction score
I'm having a major redraw issue with launcher pro. I installed everything properly the first time but did it again just to test the issue....wiped EVERYTHING three times, installed the rom. I installed all of my apps from the market NOT using TB at this point and still have a redraw issue. Everytime I exit almost anything, it redraws. I have tried every setting in UD and Launcher pro with no success. Does anyone else have this issue? I had to revert back to UD 2.5.0.

Last edited: