UD 3.0.0 RC - 7 Devices - Droid 1 is RC2 Now!

dbunt

Reaction score
Not Just Yet

I'm getting CONSTANT launcher FC, and my entire phone reboots about once every 20 minutes. I had the same issues with the beta. I absolutely love this ROM and look forward to the official release.

bigdodge

Reaction score
I'm getting CONSTANT launcher FC, and my entire phone reboots about once every 20 minutes. I had the same issues with the beta. I absolutely love this ROM and look forward to the official release.

Delete the stock launcher use another one I use zeam which I love nice settings, fast and smooth. Try it out. My 2 cents

Sent from modded do all

dbunt

Reaction score

Delete the stock launcher use another one I use zeam which I love nice settings, fast and smooth. Try it out. My 2 cents

Sent from modded do all

I started using ADW EX for a while but the random phonereboots were still too much for me lol . Thanks anyway though.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Did u try fixing permissions in rom manager and ud settings. I do it in ud then rm and reboot. May help u. Also switched kernel, to lfy 1200.

Sent from modded do all

dbunt

Reaction score
Did u try fixing permissions in rom manager and ud settings. I do it in ud then rm and reboot. May help u. Also switched kernel, to lfy 1200.

Sent from modded do all

Trying right now...tried fixing permissions in UD settings, but not RM. I also forgot to reboot right after. Will try it out and update this post if it works. Thanks again.

EDIT: Tried it all and currently running LauncherPro Plus again. Turns out ADW EX was having some issues, independent of the ROM. The jury is still out on whether the random phone reboots are fixed, but I fixed both permissions in the order you suggested. Also trying out a Raidzero 1Ghz LV kernel for GB, since every Froyo kernel I've tried on any GB-based ROM has caused nothing but problems. Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention, bigdodge. Will PM you to let you know if it doesn't work (don't want to clog up the forum with what seems like a 1-on-1 conversation, lol).

Last edited:

bigdodge

Reaction score
Ya let me know.....I just smacked a wall tho myself no wifi tethering or usb. Tried useing stock kernel and a few others any clue?

Sent from modded do all

dbunt

Reaction score
More Issues

Ya let me know.....I just smacked a wall tho myself no wifi tethering or usb. Tried useing stock kernel and a few others any clue?

Sent from modded do all

I don't know about the tethering issue...do you just mean that it's not included in the ROM? Couldn't you download from the Market? Or if there's a problem with the app not working, we can't really say at this point if it's this ROM or a GB compatibility issue. Speaking of market, mine just completely stopped working. Network error, baby!!! I really want to love this ROM, but my phone just doesn't seem to like it:frown:...Ideas, anyone? Prolly gonna try out Liquid's GB(ish) ROM and see how that goes for me, but I'll be the first to come back to UD as soon as the full release is out. UD always delivers the best. More info on tethering issue?

parker34

Reaction score

Sent from modded do all

I tethered to an iPod, iPhone, and a computer yesterday in class for an hour or so and it worked perfectly. I was using wireless tether in the market. It never works the first time i start the app though. I have to turn tether on, then back off, then close the app and go back in for it to work right, don't know if it is superuser permissions or what that restricts it the first time.

Last edited:

Dregun

Reaction score
I gave RC2 a run for about a week but had to revert back to 2.5.

I had constant FC's (that a new launcher could have fixed I know), my Swype keyboard wouldn't work, random errors with the app drawer not showing all my apps. Obviously the camera wasn't working but the final straw was the fact that sometimes my email through exchange just wouldn't update. I missed a very important email because my phone (even after doing a manual refresh) didn't show for that message for 4 hours after it went through our exchange server!

This is my work phone, it is what I rely on to get my email messages after hours and during the weekends. My ability to get email and make calls is the only determination I make for absolute reasoning on ROMs.

I loved some of the improvments with this update and can't wait to try it again when some more of the bugs are ironed out.

Keep up the great work!

B

bigsapz

I had constant FC's (that a new launcher could have fixed I know), my Swype keyboard wouldn't work, random errors with the app drawer not showing all my apps. Obviously the camera wasn't working but the final straw was the fact that sometimes my email through exchange just wouldn't update. I missed a very important email because my phone (even after doing a manual refresh) didn't show for that message for 4 hours after it went through our exchange server!

This is my work phone, it is what I rely on to get my email messages after hours and during the weekends. My ability to get email and make calls is the only determination I make for absolute reasoning on ROMs.

I loved some of the improvments with this update and can't wait to try it again when some more of the bugs are ironed out.

Keep up the great work!

Prob not the best idea to root your work phone....

Sent from my AMOLED 2.3.2 Incredible

DroidxRage

Reaction score

Keep up the great work!

Prob not the best idea to root your work phone....

Sent from my AMOLED 2.3.2 Incredible

I've had my work phone rooted since a month after I got it (original launch D1)... keep many backups, and don't forget to set your alarm and exchange back up between flashes, you'll probably be fine.

To each their own though!

:)

drivinfocused

Reaction score
i am thinking of making the switch to UD.... i am currently rooted with another rom on here and running clockwork..... before i switch, just need to see how the battery life is and what i should expect out of the UD family.....

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i am thinking of making the switch to UD.... i am currently rooted with another rom on here and running clockwork..... before i switch, just need to see how the battery life is and what i should expect out of the UD family.....

I used the UD2.5 for quite a while and using the stock kernel I was getting excellent battery life. I'm not a heavy user, but i would have 40-50% battery left after a full day (16 hours). My day included reading forms 1-2 hours (Tapatalk), browsing 30-60 minutes, Games 30-60 minutes, reading emails 30-40 emails, phone calls 5-10 per day. BTW, I'm on wifi most of the day and have a great 3G signal when not.

I have since switched to the UD nightly 1-29 and get slightly better battery life now.

BTW, I do not use Setcpu. YMMV!!!:)

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Just got this isntalled and wow, I'm beyond impressed. Once I get the money I'll be donating a good amount.

I did find a bug however though, when waking my phone up in landscape mode via sliding keyboard open the dial theme unlocker is all garbled like it's trying to show up in portrait instead of landscape.