The Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 - Multiple Phones and Tablets!! - Links Addded

sandfreak

Reaction score
lovin 3.1.1. but i've been wondering since the move to gingerbread about a few minor things...

there were some cosmetic things i really liked on 2.5, but haven't seen them with gb yet...for example the lock screen tabs were just like a silver/white icon and now they're the whole tab green and grey...also to clear notifications was a thin bar at the bottom that went all the way across the notification pulldown...what happened to that?

not trying to complain...i love the work the ud team does. was just curious.

edit: and also the dialer was pretty cool on one of the previous releases. cant remember which exact version...maybe 2.3?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
does UD GB suffer from the 3g loss after calls like all other gb roms?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
does UD GB suffer from the 3g loss after calls like all other gb roms?

yak
I have not encountered the 3g drop, except for the normal drop as when on the phone regardless GB or Froyo, the two can't operate in conjunction on the OG. So it always drops for a second, and it seems like UD is the same. Yet to have data not reconnect within 3 seconds.

Running very smooth and I am using the RZkernel 1100 that was made for the initial LGB release as some changes have been made to the newer RZkernel that has given me a harder time scripting to mount my ext partition to use Link2SD.

Of course as has become all too apparent, especially over the last few months that each Droid is completely different in its reaction to everything.

Well worth installing, plus rather than lock us in to only use t-mobile themes, UD has that option as well as there being some nice fuller themed zip themes.

enjoy
UD3.1.1*

*danceswithbongs approved

rick620

Reaction score
anyone getting choppy video playback when playing back video shot with og? ??

sandfreak

Reaction score
Do any UD users use jrummy's animation mod app? I tried using it with no results. It has worked in the past so I was just wondering if it doesn't work with UD. Anybody know?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

broosewee

Reaction score
UD3.1.1 is blazing fast. Quickest GB ROM I've tried yet (and I've tried every ROM under the sun). Hope it stays that way!

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Do the other colored themes work in 3.1.1 or not yet?

Geoffery

Reaction score
UD 3.x is based on a whole new OS version from Google, so it makes some sense that even though the apps are the same you're seeing some variation in other areas such as battery life.

Some variation I would expect, but going from 90% after 10 hours of light use on 2.5 to 0% with the same amount of use on 3.1.1 is huge. Seemed like there must have been more to it than just an OS change. :(

jpboehmerwvu

Reaction score
My back, menu, home, and search buttons are not working correctly... Problem with UD 3.1.1 or is my phone on its last legs?

joyu

Reaction score
I can't seem to lock the homescreen to keep it from rotating, anyone got a quick fix? The rotate setting in the pull down menu works for everything else :)

My back, menu, home, and search buttons are not working correctly... Problem with UD 3.1.1 or is my phone on its last legs?

Make sure your screen is nice and clean. If it is dirty it can cause these kinds of problems.

adsfa34

Reaction score

this CAN be a hardware problem... the touch screen will lose its sensitivity in due course, unfortunately. but, there are plenty of other things that can cause it to behave like this. for instance, dirty, moist or cold hands will not react as readily with the capacitive touch screen as well as clean, dry, warm hands will. also, as was said before, a dirty screen can mess it up a little.

also, did you wipe completely before the install? meaning formatting /system, /data, /cache a FEW times each, AND wiping dalvik-cache? if not, try a FULL wipe and reinstall. if it still doesn't work, re-download the file and try again using a full wipe. there are plenty of things to troubleshoot before blaming the hardware :)