The Ultimate Droid 3.0.1 - Multiple Phones

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK, I tried installing this three different times/three different ways all with the same end result. Things will appear to be OK for a while. Then I get a "Talk failed to authenticate" message and then market stops working. The market will open say loading and then just close. Tried clearing cache, etc on both with no luck. Even tried installing another market apk to no avail. Had to abort and restore a backup :(

markwebb

Reaction score
All is working well with me so far. Very fast and smooth.

This version is a bit leaner than prior versions which I guess is a good thing.

A lot of the extra goodies, which were in prior versions, are now gone from UD Settings.

Will continue to test.

I did a clean wipe (format, cache, partition, boot, system, etc) and used TIBU to only retore apps + data (no system settings) which makes a world of difference.

Small issue: no percentage on battery clock.

Last edited:

ckburks

Reaction score
About to give up on all gb roms....cyanogen last night, ultimate today and liquid a couple weeks ago.....none will send/reply on email. Everything is checked and synced and rebooted. cyan started working eventually, but then text wouldn't notify. Any ideas?

Rodeojones

Reaction score
About to give up on all gb roms....cyanogen last night, ultimate today and liquid a couple weeks ago.....none will send/reply on email. Everything is checked and synced and rebooted. cyan started working eventually, but then text wouldn't notify. Any ideas?

I had the same email issue (using Gmail). I couldn't send any emails/replies. What I did to fix it was go to settings > applications > manage applications > all and from there I went to Gmail and cleared data and cache. Once I did that, sending emails was no longer an issue.

chewy74

Reaction score

HuskerStorm

Reaction score
Yeah me to, happend to me on Liguid Gingerbread as well, don't get why. The only one it didn't happen to me on was SS Gingerbread.

It's happened on every gingerbread ROM I've tried. You can merge them into one and make a titanium backup of your contacts which you can restore next time you change ROMs. It's how I've been doing ot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

When you guys are restoring with tibu, are you restoring contacts? Or are you just letting google do it. I think I read something about that somewhere else.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

Just letting google do it.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK, I tried installing this three different times/three different ways all with the same end result. Things will appear to be OK for a while. Then I get a "Talk failed to authenticate" message and then market stops working. The market will open say loading and then just close. Tried clearing cache, etc on both with no luck. Even tried installing another market apk to no avail. Had to abort and restore a backup :(

^ Are you restoring via TB?

for everyone wanting to restore via titanium use this method by GLD

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ac...an-install-restore-using-titanium-backup.html

might fix your issue to yank

Thanks for responding ... I did use TiBu and the first time I did follow that tutorial to a tee! I admit it was my first time doing it that way, but I am pretty familiar with TiBu. After that failed I wiped and tried again doing similar steps from that of GLD post. Then after that one failed I went back to my old (reliable) method - which is let all my apps restore via the market. Once they are done, use TiBu to restore DATA only for a SELECT few apps (i.e. K9, andchat, games, etc.). That seemed to keep the Talk notification at bay longer then the other times, but in the end the same exact thing happened all three times ... sadly, cuz I was really enjoying it!

Darksthour

Reaction score
for everyone wanting to restore via titanium use this method by GLD

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ac...an-install-restore-using-titanium-backup.html

might fix your issue to yank

This technique works great. If you aren't restoring things via this method you really should be.

I have done this method 3 times now. Followed every direction each time. Every time I do this and reboot my phone my market stops working. It doesn't get a force close it just says loading then closes. Also I keep getting the Google Talk thing to pop up and I have no idea what that is. I never used the app and don't really plan on it. I would like to figure out why this keeps happening and if there's an easy fix. I think now I'm gonna try reflashing one last time and just restore the missing apps data after I have downloaded my apps from the market.