The Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 Beta - 7 Phones - Nexus S Updated 1/10/11

beaton3344

Reaction score
Stock. Yeah rom is screaming. Just had a random reboot tho I've only had 2. Guess that not bad compared to some.

The 3G-Data loss is definitely from the Dialer. Making or receiving calls lose it everytime.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xstakx

Reaction score
Agreed I'm already missing my status bar tweaks, I hope blacksroid is able to still implement it into final release. This beta is absolutely amazing and so worth the wait. Ty blackdroid and raffica. I'm running on a amoled dinc on ud 3.0 and I'm not sure what blackdroid did with the kernal or what but my battle life has inverse been this good. I'm in awe. Plz don't change kernal for final bd. If you do, will you provide link to get this kernal? Again,,.............WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Rutherford Atlas

Reaction score
Been playing with this for like an hour, and it's fantastic. Flashed using CWM Recovery 2.5.0.1, worked like a charm. The dropped 3g, etc. is a bit of a mild nuisance, but I think I'll use this as my day to day ROM for the time being. VERY nice work!

Reaction score
Installed it yesterday and have been messing around with it since. Everything (apart from the known issues) has been working great for me. Once again Blackdroid delivers the best ROMs. Can't wait for the final version! And yes, I also miss all the tweaks from 2.5.

Btw I'm loving that CRT on/off effect.

broosewee

Reaction score
Installed this yesterday - so far everything works perfectly. Granted, I haven't made or received calls so I'm not sure about the 3G dropped connectivity, but the build is damn solid otherwise. Running LFY 1200 Slayher kernel on D1.

Great work!

--> Donated!

BTW - The CRT lock/unlock effect is the sh!t. This is an area where devs can get really creative.

Last edited:

compton

Reaction score
I had to flash back to 2.5.0 last night due to 3G dropping after making or receiving a call. Sometimes I would forgot to toggle airplane mode on/off to regain 3G and I wouldn't receive work emails until much later.

Yes like everyone is saying the crt on/off animation is something else.. so neat, i would have never imagined a feature like so.

mjh68

Reaction score
It would be real nice to be able to set transitions and animations to "Fast" in spare parts without losing the CRT on/off animation.

Ah, glad reading always helps. I just was about to post a question about losing my CRT on/off animation and wasn't sure why. I did change transitions to fast . Thank you !

broosewee

Reaction score
I just made a call and can confirm 3g data is lost afterwards. A simple toggle of mobiledata in the notification widget is the general workaround. Not a dealbreaker for me but it can be annoying.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

neilrl79

Reaction score
A lot of you have mentioned that this rom is really fast, I'm experiencing the opposite, it seems very slow. Are you running the stock kernel or a different one? If you are running a different kernel, what is it?

Last edited:

cnmsales

Reaction score
I have been using this since 10 last night and can report the following issues.

#1 - 3g loss.
#2 - I have to sometimes double tap the home, menu back, and search button to get a response.
#3 - Got several phone calls today and several times the screen would lock up and I was unable to answer the call. After the person would hang up it would go back to normal and the phone could be used again.
#4 - The screen rotation seems off. Occasionally it will get stuck one way and the only way to get it fixed is restarting the phone.

Other then that this is a bang up release. Cant wait till the above issues are worked out.