The Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 Beta - 7 Phones - Nexus S Updated 1/10/11

llt_droid

Reaction score
I see that the links were changed at 11 p.m. last night. I downloaded the zip yesterday afternoon around 4. Do I need to grab this new one and, if so, do I need to wipe before flashing? Thanks.

beaton3344

Reaction score
Same question. Is it updated. Or the same. File size is the same.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

TizzMahNizz

Reaction score
Been rocking this for about 14 hours so far and am loving it so far..couple things I notice..I know its in the op but auto brightness doesn't work..if you manually adjust brightness the lights work..I notice there is lag when typing on the on screen keyboard..love the theme changer..this rom is so fast. Regardless of it being a beta I'm so happy Thank you BD and raff!

dredhead407

Reaction score
I'm having one major gripe w/ this rom. Rebooting is a PITA. For some reason if my screen doesn't turn on I do a battery pull. It sometimes either boots to the droid x boot animation for a little while then the screen would turn off and when I say turn off I mean turn off with the tv animation and if I press the power button then it would stay on for a little while longer then turn off again. The other rebooting problem is is that if it doesn't turn off then it goes into a boot loop. My phone usually completely boots after the second loop but sometimes I have to do a battery pull.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm having one major gripe w/ this rom. Rebooting is a PITA. For some reason if my screen doesn't turn on I do a battery pull. It sometimes either boots to the droid x boot animation for a little while then the screen would turn off and when I say turn off I mean turn off with the tv animation and if I press the power button then it would stay on for a little while longer then turn off again. The other rebooting problem is is that if it doesn't turn off then it goes into a boot loop. My phone usually completely boots after the second loop but sometimes I have to do a battery pull.

I would try a reinstall without any wipes.

regkilla

Reaction score
Please fix the ability to not being able to power off phone in portrait mode. I clicked on power off then it says reboot phone in reboot, recovery, bootloader in portrait mode (in landscape mode there's no problem). This and random reboots are the only problems.

dbuglio

Reaction score
It would be real nice to be able to set transitions and animations to "Fast" in spare parts without losing the CRT on/off animation.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
It would be real nice to be able to set transitions and animations to "Fast" in spare parts without losing the CRT on/off animation.

Yeah never realized what a difference the fast setting made, but I don't wanna lose the TV animations either haha

dbuglio

Reaction score
Can I run a chevy kernel on this without messing up anything?

Split630

Reaction score
So my understanding was that you needed to use a kernel for your build of android, but I can't seem to find any Gingerbread kernels. So do I just flash my froyo kernel? Just a litstle confuses with this. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

chadwickity

Reaction score
Breaton: what kernel are you using? the stock one?

I got 7.5 hours out of my P3 LV 1250 that I normally get 25+ hours out of. And all it did was sit on my night stand and play maybe 20 minutes of pandora.

Other than that this rom is pretty damn good so far. I feel like the menu systems are much snappier to navigate through, and some applications open faster, others open slower.