The Samsung screen glass is horrible.

daudi81

Reaction score
Depending on the quality of the brand I would respond truthfully and based upon facts from reviews and personal use.

Stating that all screen protectors reduce sensitivity is a false blanket statement. I'm simply asking you to prove to us that you've actually used a quality brand and felt it reduced sensitivity. I've tested over a dozen myself for reviews so I actually know quite a bit about each brand.

Which one do you recommend? I am more than happy to try one if it doesn't reduce anything.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used dozens over the years. I have never come across ONE that did not fit the stereotype I just described.

As you can see from the thread, I'm obviously not the only one.

You still refuse to mention even one brand you've used?

I can spot a troll when I see one.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which one do you recommend? I am more than happy to try one if it doesn't reduce anything.

Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic

Seidio Crystal Clear

Won't affect screen sensitivity/clarity/glass feel.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
You still refuse to mention even one brand you've used?

I can spot a troll when I see one.
Yes, it is impossible that this is really my own experience and my honest opinion. I must be trolling. What other possibility could there be?

kyle10

Reaction score
I have a cheap cut to fit screen protector and an otterbox with the built in one on my phone and it works just as if it wasn't there, no difference at all, they do not affect response.

Sent from my rooted Droid Incredible using DroidFourms

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is impossible that this is really my own experience and my honest opinion. I must be trolling. What other possibility could there be?

You're not trolling - he really likes the Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic. In fact I bought it based on the recommendations from a few users here and hated how it felt. The second one I applied despite some slight flaws worked but I hated the feel so much I threw it away. Not only that it picked up fingerprints WAY more than the naked glass.

Some people may have less sensitive fingers and can't tell the difference... I won't even put one on again, and that applied to screen protectors and condoms.

hennbc

Reaction score
To the OP, try the ghost armor screen protector. ive tried 5 different screen protectors, plus gone naked with the screen and the ghost armor is by far the best. yes, it doesnt feel like glass, but it does feel pretty damn close. and when you put it on, all the scratches on the screen disapear! try it man. youll prob like it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Got kinda chippy in here...

I don't think a screen protector will help the OP now as he demands it be replaced. Just the fact he knows it's there is going to bug the crap out of him, I know the little scuff I picked up over the weekend bugs the crap out of me. Bought a case to protect it since when I'm exercising, but can't prevent any damage that has already been done:frown:

cyclej

Reaction score
So, dropped mine on a marble counter, shattered the glass. Searched the web and came up with bobknowsphones.com. They want $320 to replace the screen. searching for the part itself was almost as expensive, and would require me to install it myself. Anyone had a good repair experience? Care to share who did it and for how much?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, dropped mine on a marble counter, shattered the glass. Searched the web and came up with bobknowsphones.com. They want $320 to replace the screen. searching for the part itself was almost as expensive, and would require me to install it myself. Anyone had a good repair experience? Care to share who did it and for how much?

Don't take my word for it, but I saw someone post that they sent it to Samsung who charged them $163 or something like that (said it took 2 weeks)

cyclej

Reaction score
I saw that post, that's why I was curious about specifics. I got a second estimate from chicagocellrepair.com for $205. That's a big difference. But if the screen itself is $300, how could anyone honor that estimate?

So, anyone actually have first hand experience?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My xo isn't taking away from the resoluy/clarity of the screen. Not any noticeable difference to me after it completely cured. Its pretty friggen smooth too. I've seen some awful orange peel effect on a lot of skins. Dint go for the cheapy crap ones from local stores. Most are garbage.

I don't notice any sensitivity issues with my skin. Saw that mentioned... and I have with a sp before...but not on this skin.

sent from tapatalk...the app that force closes more than any other app known to man

Reaction score
i peeled off my xo skin. made the screen grainy, affected touch sensitivity, and felt really rubbery. put on the steinheil oleophobic. much better :D

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i peeled off my xo skin. made the screen grainy, affected touch sensitivity, and felt really rubbery. put on the steinheil oleophobic. much better :D

I've read your posts somewhere about it. Didn't you take it off pretty much immediately. Didn't even cure? The grainy goes away. It does feel rubbery though

I typically don't like dry installs because I always get a speck of dust or hair under them and it drives me nuts

sent from tapatalk...the app that force closes more than any other app known to man

Last edited:

MTsang

Reaction score
I totally agree with you, I do not like to use the screen protector because it takes away the beauty and the real experience of it. I like to enjoy my phone, by the time my phone get beat up I am up for an upgrade anyway. I am one of those people that like switch phone every one or two year (a total phone freak)! Lol! Of course this is to each of its own. Everyone needs is different. Just my two cents here too.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums