Any news about the glass on this thing?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cannot scratch glass with a key they are made of brass.

Try a drill. Or sand. Or a key-ring.

I find if you keep in in a pocket with nothing else it's safe. I then put it on the desk - where it's safe.

If I go to the beach I won't bring it :biggrin:

mightybrick

Reaction score
When I'm cycling (mountain and road), I keep my OG in a ziplock bag in my back jersey pocket. It can be dusty out the trails, plus mud and the occasional rainstorm. It works.

alienware777

Reaction score
Back to the whole Ziploc thing, I've used one multiple times. Whenever I knew that a day was going to be insanely rainy and I would have to be walking in it for a while, I would bring one with me to put my phone in.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Yay! I'm not alone in using a zip-lock bag to protect a phone. Thought I was really ghetto for a second there.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yay! I'm not alone in using a zip-lock bag to protect a phone. Thought I was really ghetto for a second there.

As it turns out you are. You're just not along when you do it :p

Just kidding, if it works I say go with it. If $0.10 worth of plastic keeps your $700 device safe then I say you are doing all right if you ask me.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll be getting some protection...

Scratched my Bionic screen today by accident. Luckily you can barely see them - and they are on the top where the Motorola logo is and not the touchscreen portion.

Had it charging and it rang - tried to pick it up from the other side of my desk while it was still plugged in and it fell back onto the hard wood desk.

So I guess I'll get the Steinhall and a black very slim case. The OG Droid never would have scratched...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
SSHGuru, I ended up ordering 2 screen protectors from Wrapsol for the Gnex, they have a 50% off sale today and free shipping. I tried to order from Seidio, because I love their protectors and cases, but they don't have them for sale and they won't respond to tell me when they'll have them. Couldn't pass up the Wrapsol's for 50% and free shipping, I've heard they're very high quality.

mzjin

Reaction score
SSHGuru, I ended up ordering 2 screen protectors from Wrapsol for the Gnex, they have a 50% off sale today and free shipping. I tried to order from Seidio, because I love their protectors and cases, but they don't have them for sale and they won't respond to tell me when they'll have them. Couldn't pass up the Wrapsol's for 50% and free shipping, I've heard they're very high quality.

I usually much prefer the Verizon version because it has great clarity and feel, with no anti-glare coating that compromises display niceness.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I usually much prefer the Verizon version because it has great clarity and feel, with no anti-glare coating that compromises display niceness.

Don't take this the wrong way, but Verizon makes laughable screen protectors compared to other high end companies. I've tested probably 8 different companies protectors, including Verizon's and Seidio is the best by far. I've never tested Wrapsol, but all I've seen is amazing reviews for theirs, I'll post a review once I get them.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what to order. At all. Everyone says something different...

How do we know the screen protectors on sale now will fit the LTE version of the Nexus?