NExus glass is definitely NOT gorilla glass (smashed by phone today :((((((

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine from about 3-4 feet onto carpeting by mistake. Tried to pick it up and walk away without unplugging it.

Not a scratch.

samiusmc

Reaction score
My Nexus fell after I handed it to the Verizon employee when I was returning it. He dropped it. It landed face-down and it hit pretty hard. However, it didn't break. It would have been cool to see it break knowing I wouldn't be responsible. lol

NathanDetroit

Reaction score
So my OG droid was tough as anything. I dropped that thing so many times (no case, no screen protector) and nothing happened. After 2 years it was like new except for worn paint around the edges. Thumbs up to gorilla glass.
Now I got nexus a few weeks ago and today as I got out of the car the phone dropped out of my pocket perhaps 1ft onto the ground and the glass is smashed...

one foot? how low are your pants?

I believe some people have had luck with some of the wet application screen protectors and hiding cracked/chipped glass

i would think a wet application protector would be a no-no with a crack in the screen. wouldn't want to get any of that liquid through the crack, no?

Reaction score
My Nexus fell after I handed it to the Verizon employee when I was returning it. He dropped it. It landed face-down and it hit pretty hard. However, it didn't break. It would have been cool to see it break knowing I wouldn't be responsible. lol

lol!! that actually would be entertaining :D

hydro556

Reaction score
You cant make a reasonable decision about the durability of a compnent of a device based on one problem.

The glass that Sammy uses may turn out to be superior to GG, only time, and lots of testers in the wild, will determine that.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I dropped mine from 3 feet and it hit the concrete hard and slid. All it got was a scratch on the plastic.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea Gorilla Glass breaks too.

With the size of these phones...I'm not surprised they're easier to break. Anyone wants to go back to resistive screens..... All I know is I will do the water test on the RAZR.. I am NOT about to drop test it or the G Nex...lol My Droid X1 survived me dropping it for about 9 months. Let GF use it and now it has a big crack in teh screen, piece around mic is missing...2 black spots in the screen...lol.