The Samsung screen glass is horrible.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hate screen protectors and tried one on the GN and hated it.

I do have a silicon case because the thing is so slippery and the second a thinner case comes out I'll buy that. Don't like cases but I've never had this slippery of a phone.
Hahaha yeah it is quite slippery. I accidentally had like a 3-4in drop on cement out on the basketball courts and it got scuffed on the corner. Picked up a cheap $4 tpu case just for when I'm exercising or whenever.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hahaha yeah it is quite slippery. I accidentally had like a 3-4in drop on cement out on the basketball courts and it got scuffed on the corner. Picked up a cheap $4 tpu case just for when I'm exercising or whenever.

I got the expensive Verizon black silicon case. It fit the extended like a glove and looks ok. However I'd like something lighter and less bulky.

It's slipped out of my hands a number of times just moving around the house so I need something on it all the time.

If it wasn't so slippery I'd go naked.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quality protectors don't affect sensitivity at all, you've obviously never used any.

Yes,

It's quite obvious that everyone on this thread that disagrees with you must have something wrong with their sense of touch. I know your the screen protector guru but for many of us the feeling of touching plastic is terrible. Unless it's GLASS it will always feel wrong.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes,

It's quite obvious that everyone on this thread that disagrees with you must have something wrong with their sense of touch. I know your the screen protector guru but for many of us the feeling of touching plastic is terrible. Unless it's GLASS it will always feel wrong.

Just because you aren't capable of applying a screen protector, doesn't mean it affects the sensitivity. There are tons of people who agree that there is no difference in sensitivity, I see one person disagreeing with me, the guy who I quoted.

You don't count because you haven't been able to successfully apply one properly.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yes SSHGuru, how dare you presume to know your own opinion better than an anonymous user on a forum on the intenet. Whats wrong with you?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes SSHGuru, how dare you presume to know your own opinion better than an anonymous user on a forum on the intenet. Whats wrong with you?

Jeff, tell me the brand names you've used that have reduced sensitivity.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All of them.

There. Is my opinion valid now?

Since you can't even name one, then no.

I asked you to tell us which ones you've used that have reduced sensitivity, it's a simple question to determine what ones you've used.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
If I named brand X you would say "OMG, you haven't tried brand Y!" LOL

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really don't like screen protectors myself. The guy at the Verizon store looked at me like I was nuts. I just don't like the feel of them (it doesn't compare with the smooth feel of glass imo).

GoBears

Reaction score
Haha this thread is awesome. Let me just say that I too dislike condoms and screen protectors. The environment you're in pretty much dictates what protection is needed. I've taken mine plenty of places that I was glad I had a protector on it. Same goes for my phone too.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I actually did like them at one time. If I had a plastic screen, I would probably be using one.

But in 2012, all the displays are glass now. I think they are obsolete and unnecessary.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I named brand X you would say "OMG, you haven't tried brand Y!" LOL

Depending on the quality of the brand I would respond truthfully and based upon facts from reviews and personal use.

Stating that all screen protectors reduce sensitivity is a false blanket statement. I'm simply asking you to prove to us that you've actually used a quality brand and felt it reduced sensitivity. I've tested over a dozen myself for reviews so I actually know quite a bit about each brand.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I have used dozens over the years. I have never come across ONE that did not fit the stereotype I just described.

As you can see from the thread, I'm obviously not the only one.