Any news about the glass on this thing?

JFMFT

Reaction score
So, Seidio is the best brand for screen protectors, then? I know this is a subjective thing - everyone will have a different opinion. I'm looking for a screen protector that comes as close to being invisible as possible. I'm used to dealing with glare/reflection issues, but with a phone as pretty as the Galaxy Nexus, I'm going to slap on a screen protector for the first time since I've had my OG Droid (1.5 years since I got rid of it for my DX). I'm not really looking for (but am not opposed to) a screen protector that is anti-glare. Highly oleophobic would be nice, though. Looks like the SGP screen protector is "Ultra oleophobic". Hmm.

I looked into SGP, Zagg, and Seidio - they all seem high-end. I've previously used Zagg and had ok results, but it seemed like the screen protector was kinda "sticky".

Anyone have thoughts on these they'd like to share?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seidio hasn't revealed theirs yet, or an intent to sell one. I'm sure they will, but I want one before I get the phone, so I went with Wrapsol. I've used Seidio on all my devices and they're the best I've used out of 6-7 different brands. I went with Wrapsol because they're shipping them prior to the phones release and they have some incredible reviews, I'll do one myself once I receive them.

mightybrick

Reaction score
So, Seidio is the best brand for screen protectors, then? I know this is a subjective thing - everyone will have a different opinion. I'm looking for a screen protector that comes as close to being invisible as possible. I'm used to dealing with glare/reflection issues, but with a phone as pretty as the Galaxy Nexus, I'm going to slap on a screen protector for the first time since I've had my OG Droid (1.5 years since I got rid of it for my DX). I'm not really looking for (but am not opposed to) a screen protector that is anti-glare. Highly oleophobic would be nice, though. Looks like the SGP screen protector is "Ultra oleophobic". Hmm.

I looked into SGP, Zagg, and Seidio - they all seem high-end. I've previously used Zagg and had ok results, but it seemed like the screen protector was kinda "sticky".

Anyone have thoughts on these they'd like to share?
Check out https://www.wrapsol.com/. They have some good info on their site. I ordered one of their screen protectors on Monday while they were having a 50% off site-wide sale. They have different types, such as oleophobic, etc.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
The "best" screen protector?? Wow, we could debate that one for a long time with lots of posts and lots of differing opinions. I too have found the Zagg to be "sticky" I don't like that feel, but jntdroid in the post above likes it. To each his own. Personally, I like them smooth and shiny like glass.

I'm quite certain there is a "best screen protector" thread in every phone forum you can find. I would search one of the older forums (Thunderbolt maybe) and see what people say, but remember, they are very individual. What one person says is the best, another will say is the worst. Just like buying a car, you almost have to test drive it to see if it's right for you.

JFMFT

Reaction score
Seidio hasn't revealed theirs yet, or an intent to sell one. I'm sure they will, but I want one before I get the phone, so I went with Wrapsol. I've used Seidio on all my devices and they're the best I've used out of 6-7 different brands. I went with Wrapsol because they're shipping them prior to the phones release and they have some incredible reviews, I'll do one myself once I receive them.

Thanks so much for your input. I'm looking into them now - I need a couple of protectors (we're all getting the GNex in my family... a family affair, woohoo!). I'd like to have them here for when the phone arrives. Like to keep it pristine. Again, I appreciate your comments.

JFMFT

Reaction score
The "best" screen protector?? Wow, we could debate that one for a long time with lots of posts and lots of differing opinions. I too have found the Zagg to be "sticky" I don't like that feel, but jntdroid in the post above likes it. To each his own. Personally, I like them smooth and shiny like glass.

I'm quite certain there is a "best screen protector" thread in every phone forum you can find. I would search one of the older forums (Thunderbolt maybe) and see what people say, but remember, they are very individual. What one person says is the best, another will say is the worst. Just like buying a car, you almost have to test drive it to see if it's right for you.

Yeah - best is very subjective. I guess I wanted to elicit some opinions in hopes of being swayed one way or the other. I'm sad Seidio doesn't have their protectors available for shipping yet. It's listed on their site, but it's "unavailable." I'm checking into the wrapsol now :)

proangler

Reaction score
I prefer the shiny ones too. The anti glare ones seem to get dirty easier and less responsive.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Two little tabs on my case broke that hold the bottom on about 2 months ago, been using my OG naked since then. The case did last nearly 2 years of abuse so i can't complain. Still have the screen protector on because I can't tell it's on there anyways.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
The big question is, just how tough is the glass in comparison to our familiar gorilla glass screens? Doesn't seem like there's a huge difference in terms of toughness. Then again, it is glass. Can't expect too much of it, can we?