The official Droid Turbo battery life thread.

TatDroid

Reaction score
My music is all in Google Music, my pictures all automatically upload to Google pics (Picassa), my apps are all saved in the Play Store. The only thing I backed up when I did my last FDR were my text messages. I also find that I tend to load only half to two thirds of my apps back after an FDR. There's always a bunch that got added on a whim, but never get used. Good opportunity to prune out the junk.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Another negative of Lollipop is that it removes the menu option to restart your phone by long pressing the on/off button. Stupid move IMO.

S5 tap'n

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have only had the Turbo for a few days now, but I am getting 30+ hours of battery life a day out of it consistently (with a little higher than moderately heavy usage as it is new and I am playing with it quite a bit).

As long as it makes it through the day and I can come home and set it on the charger every night - I am happy.

The only thing that gives me pause regarding this phone now is really only the camera...
Well..... I think most noteably You are getting 30+ hours a Day. That alone has Stephen Hawking making his way in your direction at like 3 mph.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Another negative of Lollipop is that it removes the menu option to restart your phone by long pressing the on/off button. Stupid move IMO.

S5 tap'n

Heck I didn't know we could and I restart mine daily if I forget to turn it off to charge....

:( I better hurry up and use it

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Cell Standby on my Note 3 is 2%. I see a lot of turbo battery screenshots with the cell radio chewing up their battery.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Cell Standby on my Note 3 is 2%. I see a lot of turbo battery screenshots with the cell radio chewing up their battery.
Cell standby usage % is relative to the usage by other running items in the list. It's the total battery consumption by cell radio that would be a more accurate comparison. For example, my 21% cell radio standby may only translate to 2-3% total battery usage if my battery is at 90%.

TatDroid

Reaction score
After my first 30+ days with the Turbo my observation is that standby (or actually, total battery-on time) uses about 1%/hr and screen-on uses about 10%/hr. No matter how I mix and match those two variables (lots of screen time some days, lots of standby others) that formula usually comes pretty close to what my actual battery usage is at the end of the day. (not exact, but usually pretty close)

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, I just got my Turbo this weekend and have been using it/playing with it like crazy...

It's going on 26 hours and I have 40% battery life left...

So... ?
Just keep it away from that pool!

Pologuy

Reaction score
Came home tonight with 36 hours on the battery charge and 10% battery life left...

Works for me!

:)

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Here's me today so far...

98e79d002927aa831bb5dd563cc890af.jpg

0bb95482ec5e7dc0537211530c769b17.jpg

ee975f36cc9d9cc1fc1358c5500e7412.jpg

351e95d2e987129b26903fc839788fd0.jpg

At that rate it would last 39 hours. Not too shabby.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Had the Turbo almost a week now.
I am really loving this battery.
Going on 36 hours off the charger and I'm at 45% battery.
Not having to worry the slightest little bit about having to charge the phone in the afternoon of a heavy-use day is absolutely priceless.
This battery should be the standard or trying to improve on it for all phones from here on out.

mcraeh

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not sure how to get a screen shot, but my phone has been off the charger for 11 hours and has 43% battery left. Seems ok I guess but I have noticed that it seems to drain faster overnight. The other night, I went to bed and it had 52% but when I got up seven or eight hours later it was down to 27%. Does that sound right? I was thinking it would be better than this, since my old moto x seems to last longer with light use than this one.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Screen shot is taken by pressing and holding both the power and volume down buttons at once and for about 2 seconds. They're stored in your gallery under screenshot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
680c937b749b46ba42d5347b5ac1fb9f.jpg

mcraeh

Reaction score
Ok trying to attach screenshots. Down to 31% now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 163

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
What is accupedo? I take it that is a pedometer? It may be causing your os to stay awake.

Please tap on the large graph at the top OP the first pic and snap a shot of the next screen for me.

It should look look the second one in my next post.

Last edited: