Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Battery Life

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I setup my wife's new phone last night, so today was her first full day with a Turbo 2. 12 hours off the charger, 3 hours SOT and still at 56%. She said yesterday she would have to had charged her Moto X around 14:00 to get through the afternoon / evening. That's with no battery savers, task killers, app managers, run smooth apps, Battery Saver mode. Just turned on the phone & downloaded a whole bunch of apps and started using it. She is thrilled!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need Sunset for Android.

Tap'n Turbo

Sunset must have been new since I was in the software game. Do you like it?

So to those that had a turbo long enough to get a feel for it...or a droid maxx...how does the turbo 2 battery compare??? Is it similar to what you were getting or less or kind of a toss up?
Compared to my Maxx I was say also it is right on par with it maybe just a hair bit longer. Love the T2 so far

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well my battery is doing better. I believe my go launcher was the problem. I deleted it and went with nova. I still am not getting as good of sot as I would like but my phone has been off the charger since 6am and its 11pm and I'm at 39% so much better. If people are getting crappy battery its an app. Your stats may not tell you much it becomes a bit if s guessing game to find the power sucking culprit but it can be done.

uploadfromtaptalk1449547216600.png
uploadfromtaptalk1449547222315.png

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So after more investigation I think I have my battery issues fixed. It's 3:15 pm and I have 73% battery life left. My advice to those who are still not getting great stats. Disable Verizon bloat. I disabled Verizon cloud and security and that seemed to really help I had gotten rid of the other stuff earlier. I also have google fit for syncing data from my polar watch. I kept google fit but turned off the tracking. I might try turning it back on to test after a few days. I think there are some software issues between Verizon's crap and moto. I still need to see how much sot I can get. My battery would be even better today but I was in a restaurant for lunch and it had bad signal and my phone worked hard for an hour, but that happens. I am happier and happier with this phone. I just don't think Verizon's and moto's software is playing nicely together.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I disabled that stuff immediately and have 74%. Almost exactly what you have.
I somehow overlooked those two when I did it the first time. I also went in and clears the apps cache one more time. Its almost like a different phone!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I get pretty good battery life in a fringe area..with vzw cloud and vzprotect fully functioning..