Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Battery Life

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm also downloading a dimmer app. Even at minimum brightness its bright to me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Lol. Not trying to bum anyone out.
I play one of the biggest battery suckers ever developed : Ingress.
I can kill this phone by 5pm-6pm playing for just 2 hours.
BUT my previous phone? Dead by 1pm under the same conditions.

Tap'n Turbo

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol. Not trying to bum anyone out.
I play one of the biggest battery suckers ever developed : Ingress.
I can kill this phone by 5pm-6pm playing for just 2 hours.
BUT my previous phone? Dead by 1pm under the same conditions.

Tap'n Turbo
I am a huge ingress fan. I got 13k mah battery pack at 2.1 amps charging for that. With my old Maxx I could get 3 1/2-4 hours of game play and the most I've gotten on this new T2 was just a hair over 2hrs. Ingress loves to eat up some battery. Addicting game though haha :)

I agree with the screen brightness too. When I head off to bed at night or if I'm out in the woods trying to catch deer dogs I would like for it to be a bit dimmer. Don't have any night vision after looking at the screen until my eyes reset.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So far I can easily go from 6 AM to 10 PM on a single charge and still have around 40%.....with around 2 hours SOT roughly. If you are only seeing 13 hours and need a charge something is kling your battery. Those task killer apps are well known to drain the battery more, than save battery.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@PereDroid: I'm in the smurf family. Lvl 9 usually play near Atlantic Beach, NC but moving back towards the Piedmont so I got to find a new team to get on.

@sajokaz: would greenify be something to delete? I'm getting decent battery life but is that draining more than its worth?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Off-Topic

8cc2a3d69b169c41bcdd2f8359812c3e.jpg

Tap'n Turbo

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha I hear ya. Glad to see some more ingress players. Maybe the new 6.0 Marshmallow will help with battery life all around. Hoping and fingers crossed that VZW will adopt 6.0 very soon

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@PereDroid: I'm in the smurf family. Lvl 9 usually play near Atlantic Beach, NC but moving back towards the Piedmont so I got to find a new team to get on.

@sajokaz: would greenify be something to delete? I'm getting decent battery life but is that draining more than its worth?

That's hard to say, I am not sure. It doesn't sound like a traditional "task killer" app. But it sounds like it is still trying to kill things in the background that may interfere with the natural Android behavior? Personally I would not use it because of the horrible grammar and misspelling in the Play Store description. But that's just me, I am weary of apps that don't sound right when you read the description. There have been many posts on here over the years about task killer apps being bad for Android, I stopped using them 3 years ago and have not had any battery issues since. I got a full day + out of my Droid Maxx, Droid Turbo and now T2.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I used Greenify a lot when I was ROM'ing my Razr HD. It comes in a lot of Roms. I thought you had to have Root to get the most out of it.
Haven't used it on my stock phones.

Tap'n Turbo

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's hard to say, I am not sure. It doesn't sound like a traditional "task killer" app. But it sounds like it is still trying to kill things in the background that may interfere with the natural Android behavior? Personally I would not use it because of the horrible grammar and misspelling in the Play Store description. But that's just me, I am weary of apps that don't sound right when you read the description. There have been many posts on here over the years about task killer apps being bad for Android, I stopped using them 3 years ago and have not had any battery issues since. I got a full day + out of my Droid Maxx, Droid Turbo and now T2.
I have doze on mine. I just took it off. I have been screen shoting my usage so I'm curious to compare it to see if it was helping or not.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@sajokaz: I've been running it for about a year. Had it on my old Maxx. I do like that i have to tell the app to "hibernate apps" where it wont kill apps on its own. I may uninstall it as it only "hibernates" Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Messanger. I dont have much running in the background so I dont need to hibernate much during the day. Do you use anything of that type on your T2?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't run any hibernate, task killer, battery saver, run smoother apps. I just charge my phone every night and use it all day long, and have pretty good battery life. I do close apps manually once or twice a day if there are a lot open, but sometimes forget to do that. Android does a pretty good job of managing itself in my opinion. But....social media apps like Facebook and Instagram, Pinterest, KIK, etc kill my wife's phone and kids phones pretty quick. Seems like they are always on a Push connection, so always running to provide you a notification.