The official Droid Turbo battery life thread.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow.. What a change :) my right eye got a tad fuzzy when I took the download.. That was it..

Pologuy

Reaction score
Well, I just got my Turbo this weekend and have been using it/playing with it like crazy...

It's going on 26 hours and I have 40% battery life left...

So... ?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I just got my Turbo this weekend and have been using it/playing with it like crazy...

So... ?
Just don't let your idiot friends that own iphones get you involved in group texting. 500-600 texts in the span of 2 hours will suck 10%-15% out of the battery. Nothing you can do to stop it other than airplane mode. Happy to hear you're loving it.

We must...We must...increase our boost

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score

So... ?
So...... What? (?)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

So... ?
OK.. The big factors in determining your battery life will be, screen on time and brightness.. As well as signal strength and other processes you may have running.. I can get close to 9 hours of screen on with so so conditions.. I live in a fringe area and keep my screen pretty dim..or i should say... I used to.. I did a fdr and my battery life is now terrible again.. Until the phone situates...

Pologuy

Reaction score
OK.. The big factors in determining your battery life will be, screen on time and brightness.. As well as signal strength and other processes you may have running.. I can get close to 9 hours of screen on with so so conditions.. I live in a fringe area and keep my screen pretty dim..or i should say... I used to.. I did a fdr and my battery life is now terrible again.. Until the phone situates...

OK, need some help here, what is a/an fdr?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK, need some help here, what is a/an fdr?
Factory data reset.. It makes the phone just like it was when it came out of the box.. A fresh start...

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yep, an FDR is like re-installing Windows on your computer. It wipes everything, including all the cache crap and random leftover files that build up over time. I often do one at the one year mark of phone ownership (if there hasn't already been a need up to that point). It breathes new life into a phone that may start lagging with age.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yep, an FDR is like re-installing Windows on your computer. It wipes everything, including all the cache crap and random leftover files that build up over time. I often do one at the one year mark of phone ownership (if there hasn't already been a need up to that point). It breathes new life into a phone that may start lagging with age.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Do you happen to know if maybe I have a hidden button too (somewhere) ?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Sent from my Droid Turbo
It's also a very fast way to fix most user caused errors in a device.. And software glitches... Like if they change a setting and the phone acts crazy.. Can't figure out why?? Instead of being frustrated for weeks.. Just do a fdr and reset up the phone.. And of course.. If you back up your data it makes it pretty painless... If not.. Its a major pain..

gimpy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
What do you use to back up the turbo?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pologuy

Reaction score
I have only had the Turbo for a few days now, but I am getting 30+ hours of battery life a day out of it consistently (with a little higher than moderately heavy usage as it is new and I am playing with it quite a bit).

As long as it makes it through the day and I can come home and set it on the charger every night - I am happy.

The only thing that gives me pause regarding this phone now is really only the camera...