New Droid Turbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't baby my phone and if turbo charging does truly destroy the battery much sooner then it would otherwise then this will surely be my last Moto.

Why has no one officially asked Moto to comment on this? *hint :D

You mean this is not your phone? :):D

My Phone.png

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
"Destroy" is too strong of a word, it is not the fast charge per se that is not good for the battery, but rather the heat in the long run.

In my experience, you can count on about two years at the most before ANY phone reacheargeable battery has lost capacity to the point were it becomes almost useless, even if you "baby" the phone. It is just the way it is with Li-Ion batteries, they start to age as they leave the factory.

Unless the early adopters of the Turbo and consistent users of the turbo charger have started to report already battery capacity deterioration in droves, I see no reason for alarm.

We can all have our opinion and preferences, but when it comes to engineering, usually numbers do not lie.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Totally agree the 2 year mark is totally true. But that's the catch 22 with these new fast chargers.
In 18-24 months it may not last as long but when a 15 minute boost gives your HOURS more time, it won't be as inconvenient.

Tap'n Turbo

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Totally agree the 2 year mark is totally true. But that's the catch 22 with these new fast chargers.
In 18-24 months it may not last as long but when a 15 minute boost gives your HOURS more time, it won't be as inconvenient.

Tap'n Turbo
Let's just see if it results in battery swell like the og razr maxx batteries .

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Tap'n Turbo

And THIS ^^^ is exactly what Motorola was counting on in that decision and engineering. As the capacity diminishes, you may get shorter runtime with a full charge, but you'll only compensate with perhaps a longer Turbo Charge time or more than one where when it was new you could get away with less charging. So where it lacks in capacity, it makes up for it in the ability to replenish quickly and "more conveniently", by way of the Turbo Charger.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And Sammy, and LG.... Don't they all have fast charging now?

Tap'n Turbo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Don't know for sure, but the 360 charges pretty quickly even from stone cold dead, so I don't think it's a big deal really.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
"Destroy" is too strong of a word, it is not the fast charge per se that is not good for the battery, but rather the heat in the long run.

In my experience, you can count on about two years at the most before ANY phone reacheargeable battery has lost capacity to the point were it becomes almost useless, even if you "baby" the phone. It is just the way it is with Li-Ion batteries, they start to age as they leave the factory.

Unless the early adopters of the Turbo and consistent users of the turbo charger have started to report already battery capacity deterioration in droves, I see no reason for alarm.

We can all have our opinion and preferences, but when it comes to engineering, usually numbers do not lie.

"you can count on about two years at the most before ANY phone reacheargeable battery has lost capacity to the point were it becomes almost useless, even if you "baby" the phone."

That's a reason for sealing the phone. When the battery goes most peeps will have to buy a new phone. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

=^.".^=