The official Droid Turbo battery life thread.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Seeing some impressive performance here.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, I went for it so I am well into Day#2 (I unplugged at 0600hrs on Monday and it is now 1222 hours on Tuesday) - I am at 40% battery. 1 day 6 hours and 18mins.
I take it you are not a heavy user(someone who has 6+ hours of screen time in one day)? If I were to guess you are probably around 2 hours screen time?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is my screen. I don't know how to clasify my use, I feel I use my phone a lot (forums, texting, news reading, photos etc,) I just looked, just shy of 3 hours screen time.
Perhaps Average user based on your 6 hour measurement. I guess talking isn't screen time.
I left it on all night too so that is pretty light use (lol) I did that because I assumed they factored that into the 48 hours. "IF" I was in the woods lets say and really needed to save battery, I think this would last a long time in a crunch.

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
32 hours, 6½ hours of screen time, just hit 10%. Original charge, meh. Following 2 full/discharge cycles were dismal. Happy camper.
This fits the formula I posted earlier pretty well. 6.5 hrs of screen time (@ 10%/hr) + 32 hrs up time (@ 1%/hr) = 97 total usage. Pretty close to your 90%. Maybe it's more like 9%/hr for screen time (although I don't think I'm doing quite as well as you with my Turbo)

Sent from my Droid Turbo

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty happy so far
3972bfe753aa7470939142a78fbeda75.jpg
66f468fbc999fe643f33ac79818a4a10.jpg

Ran GPS for 30 min and I have location services turned to high accuracy

bcltoys

Reaction score
Does the turbo come with a normal charger,if not can a normal charger be used like the one I have from my old Razr maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Does the turbo come with a normal charger,if not can a normal charger be used like the one I have from my old Razr maxx.
It comes with the turbo charger only.. But you can use an older charger or a wireless qi charger...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I had a moto car charger that it didn't recognise, grabbed the other one and it charged. Been charging mine on a 700mah charger. Haven't tried the turbo charger. Yes previous chargers will charge it, albeit slow. 3 hours to drag it up from 5% to 70%

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I had a moto car charger that it didn't recognise, grabbed the other one and it charged. Been charging mine on a 700mah charger. Haven't tried the turbo charger. Yes previous chargers will charge it, albeit slow. 3 hours to drag it up from 5% to 70%
Same here. My older Moto car charger was not recognized. Really needed it as I was at 1%.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

TatDroid

Reaction score
Since I've never failed yet to make it through a full day on a charge, I've switched to my Moto X charger for slower overnight charging. No need to force turbo charge it if not necessary. I'll put the turbo charger in my backpack for when I might need a quick charge on the go.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm so proud of you all, recognizing the benefit of slow charging to preserve the battery life. It's like you've actually been listening to me. You make me want to cry...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I made it. ...two days! I do find the battery to be nonlinear
I unplugged this am and after a few texts and forum posts I'm down to 92%. I find that odd.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm so proud of you all, recognizing the benefit of slow charging to preserve the battery life. It's like you've actually been listening to me. You make me want to cry...
Not trying to be argumentative, but is it truly going to matter all that much whether they use the stock charging (turbo) cable or a slower charging cable? I mean we all know that our typical smartphone battery goes through a lot in this day and age. Said battery (regardless of charge methods) is going to start losing maximum effectiveness between the first & second year. We've seen this for years now across multiple devices. Being that replacement batteries are only around 20 bucks, (usually a year or so after original release date of your device) so wouldn't it stand to reason that "babying" your battery like this isn't really needed in the grand scheme of things? I just don't see it making that much of an impact in the long run, unless of course you want your battery to last more than two years.....which isn't a concern for most of us who will upgrade within that time.
Again, I'm not knocking this practice....just wondering.

S5 tap'n