Droid Turbo VS. Nexus 6

quadtronix

Reaction score
I read recently that the Nexus 6 is heading over to Verizon this month and was wondering a few things. First, are any Turbo users planning on switching? If so, why? Any1 get an unlocked N6 and switch already?

Second, which do you all consider the better phone? Spec-wise, comfort, design, software etc...

I'm personally considering the switch only because of the larger screen. Everything else about the Turbo fits my needs perfectly. I'm a little worried about the N6's battery though. So any input would be appreciated... Pros, cons for each device and how you all feel they compare would help a bunch. Thanks... :)

Sent via Tapatalk from my Droid Turbo... -Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet-

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hardware wise.. The only difference is the battery size (turbo has a bigger battery) and screen size(n6 has the bigger screen)..

Software.. It remains to be seen what the vzw n6 will have for bloat.. But it will have 5.0..turbo has a locked down version of 4.4.4..non rootable with 5.0 on the way sometime.. We hope...

If you get a tmobile n6 and slap a nano sim in it from vzw.. It will work with vanilla 5.0 with no bloat. And it won't be locked down..

The nexus experts can be much more help..

Last edited:

T6D16C84

Reaction score
If you want to tinker and install your own roms and that kind of thing the N6 might be the best choice. I was debating between the two of them and decided on the Turbo simply because tinkering is kind of a pain and I don't have the time.

The Turbo is basically the same phone, but in a more comfortable form factor and with a bigger battery. Plus, have fun with Lollipop.....even on the N6 it's a buggy nightmare.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm sticking with the T Boo, screen size is fine as well as the comfort when hold as a phone and it fits in my pocket easy.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If you want to tinker and install your own roms and that kind of thing the N6 might be the best choice. I was debating between the two of them and decided on the Turbo simply because tinkering is kind of a pain and I don't have the time.

The Turbo is basically the same phone, but in a more comfortable form factor and with a bigger battery. Plus, have fun with Lollipop.....even on the N6 it's a buggy nightmare.

I'm sticking with the T Boo, screen size is fine as well as the comfort when hold as a phone and it fits in my pocket easy.
Ditto dux.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I have the N6 and I love it, my wife has the Turbo, true the battery is bigger but from what i have found out I get through the entire day and most if not the entire next day without worrying about the charge, and if i was worried i could always use the turbo charger that's included with the N6 & Turbo for a quick charge.

I wanted the N6 because of the screen size, and the front facing speakers. I had enough rear facing and not being able to hear anything without head phones on. The screen is beautiful and the speakers are really great. I wanted the 64 gb version but decided on the 32 because I was tired of waiting for the 64.

I have my unlocked phone I purchased from Moto on verizon and it works fine.

itgeektech

Reaction score
I recently received the N6 for work and I loved the phone it was great huge I loved that but..... I could not hear and people could not hear me I would have to keep rebooting the phone or put it on speaker I am on the phone for my job all day this was not going to work so I just went back to my Droid the new Turbo version and so far I am happy has a lot of extras my old droid did not have but still the same look and feel for the most part so I am happy and a little bigger screen.