The official d2g sbf from TBH

zero7404

Reaction score
one other thing to mention, i've already unlocked the gsm on my phone, if i load a rom like fission or revert using this sbf, do i run risk of losing the unlock or is that unlock strictly hardware ?

Reaction score
just being paranoyingly verifyingly cautious here ...
this is the OEM motorola SBF file, right ? no modifications/hacks/etc ?

the flash procedure is the same as the flash procedure using the 'root droid 1 regardless ...' thread instructions, but with this sbf file, correct ?

where can i get rsd 4.9. i'm on 4.6 ... ?

many thanks in advance

Yes, this is the official motorola SBF. All the drivers and RSD lite are included in the download in the first post.

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score

the flash procedure is the same as the flash procedure using the 'root droid 1 regardless ...' thread instructions, but with this sbf file, correct ?

many thanks in advance

Yes, this is the official motorola SBF. All the drivers and RSD lite are included in the download in the first post.

The link to the RSDLite 4.9 and Motorola drivers in the link are bad. I had to search all over the internet. Ill post all the files in my next post.

zero7404

Reaction score
i'll wait around patiently for RSD lite 4.9 ....
in the meantime i might explore a bone stock rom like fission. but hearing about bugs and things that don't work deter me ...

Reaction score

many thanks in advance

The link to the RSDLite 4.9 and Motorola drivers in the link are bad. I had to search all over the internet. Ill post all the files in my next post.

Uhh.. That exact link is where I got RSDLite, the drivers, and the D2G sbf, and I've flashed my phone 6 or 7 times with that in the last week or so. Edit: Moto pulled the RSDlite link.. but if you google it, it comes up.

zero7404

Reaction score
y did u flash ur fone so many times? romming?

posted via android

zero7404

Reaction score
i wanted to restore my fone back to bone stock last nite in order to reload my apps fresh from scratch, and i did 2 different things:

factory restore (from privacy)
flashed using rsd lite 4.9

in both instances this appeared to work, however neither of these processes completely reset the OS to stock because all my downloaded apps were still there.

confused, isn't the SBF supposed to be the stock software as loaded on a new phone ? if so, flashing the phone should obliterate all the things the user has done to it ... but my downloaded apps were still there with both tries.

aceperkins

Reaction score
zero7404- most likely what is happening is when you go to boot your phone after the flash and enter your google account it syncs and reloads backed up apps. just a thought

zero7404

Reaction score
zero7404- most likely what is happening is when you go to boot your phone after the flash and enter your google account it syncs and reloads backed up apps. just a thought

i thought about that too .... everything is being pushed by google once the account is set up.

not crazy about that. i want control over the device. is it possible to skip creating a google account on the restored device?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

aceperkins

Reaction score
you could skip adding the google account during the first boot after a restore however you will not be able to access the marketplace, or sync gmail as easily until you have affiliated your google account with your phone.

Reaction score
When you sync your gmail account, there's a check box for "sync my data with google" or some such.. uncheck that, and it won't sync. Also, you can tap the four corners of the screen, starting at the top left and going clockwise (The black areas, don't touch the android) and this gets you past the initial setup.

zero7404

Reaction score
When you sync your gmail account, there's a check box for "sync my data with google" or some such.. uncheck that, and it won't sync. Also, you can tap the four corners of the screen, starting at the top left and going clockwise (The black areas, don't touch the android) and this gets you past the initial setup.

thanks for the tips ... that check box you're referring to is only available upon first setup ? i think i spotted it, didn't touch it.

but i just don't like how it proceeds to restore all my apps & google info .... i prefer if i'm presented with a choice to do apps, contacts, email, calendar, etc. individually or in steps arranged by data type.

tom398

Reaction score
hi i m new with droid, n have xt720 before. my phone condition is unlock then i can use at indonesia, if i brick my phone, can i just flash with this sbf to make it back, n what about this unlock condition? its back to verizon lock one or still unlock. thanx
while using xt720, i can flash to other region sbf without any lock problem.

CellZealot

Reaction score
Yes, the lock code for the SIM is stored in an area of memory that is not flashed by the SBF file. It will not relock the device.