Official 2.4.330 D2G sbf from TBH

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Thank you to Team Black Hat for the SBF.
Thank you to pc747 for writing the instructions

Download link can be found here(sorry direct links not allowed):
Full SBF Droid 2 Global 2.4.33

Below is the procedure for the droid 2 global:

(the video below is just a basic idea of what your screen should look like. Follow the steps in the guide and use the video of the droid x as a visual reference)

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58XaWnr6XE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The steps will be the same as the droid 2 except the sbf file will be different. Thanks to team black hat for the sbf file.

Required Files:
Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.330) Full: Download
Moto Drivers and RSD Lite: Download

NOTE: I recommend placing the SBF in the root of your C drive or in a folder name moto that is in the C drive. That means the SBF should be in C:\moto\

Step 1: Boot into the bootloader, you do this by powering on and holding power on + up arrow on the kyeboard. You should see a black screen with text that says battery: OK

Step 2: Plug is your usb cord into the computer you loaded the rsdlite file on

Step 3: Click on your rsdlite program. You need to run as an administrator, to do that hold shift key and right click on the rsdlite program (do that as you are about to open the program). Thanks Firesong3k for reminding me about that.

Step 4: Next to the file name text box in the rsdlite program are three little dots. Click on those dots and find the file Click on that file and then click start. Make sure you have a strong battery before flashing this is the one time you need to ensure your battery is ok to get through the process, because the program erases everything and re-flashes your phone.

Step 5: Wait for it to get to 100% and reboot your phone to the motorola "M" symbol first then unplug your device. While at the M take off the battery cover out and remove your battery. Wait for about 3 seconds and then reinstall your battery. Power on and hold the physical X key until you get to the triangle and !.

Step 6: on your physical keyboard push the search button to get into the recovery mode. From there you are going to wipe data/factory reset. AFter that is complete click reboot.

Last edited:
OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Reserved just in case I find something useful to add.

And would a mod please sticky this. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

snowride20

Reaction score
So I learned how to flash an SBF file today using RSDLite. To bad it was about an hour before this post came out. Oh well. Will I lose root or can I just use Z4 to reroot after i flash this? Any clue the difference between this and .29?

On another note I am amazed so many people have problems rooting, flashing ROM's, flashing themes, using RSDLite, etc. I have not yet bricked any phone I have worked with(only a few bootloops). So far my lineup consists of 2 OG Droids, a D2G and a samsung intercept for a friend. My advice to anyone attemting anything with your device is to read the directions carefully then reread about 10 times so you really understand what to do, and please do not skip any steps. Someone took time writing the instructions you are reading to make sure you dont have problems, so seriously dont skip anything even if you think you can.

Anyway, thank TBH for the great directions and all your hard work!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Now I can redirect people to this thread needing to sbf

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

fiveball02

Reaction score
I figured since no one has really said anything that I would post saying that this sbf does work. Just tried it out.

snowride20

Reaction score
Well I answered all my own questions. You can root this using Z4Root app. If you have a stock verison of .29 on your phone you can just go to settings> about phone> system updates. If your phone does not get the .330 update then you already have it or do not have a stock image of your phone and its time to restore your original backup or learn how to use RSDLite.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
When did the sbf change from 2.4.29 to 2.4.330?
All signs point to mid February.

Any clue the difference between this and .29?
This is based on the 330 OTA(over the air) update. Nothing major, just bug fixes and such.

On another note I am amazed so many people have problems rooting, flashing ROM's, flashing themes, using RSDLite, etc. I have not yet bricked any phone I have worked with(only a few bootloops). So far my lineup consists of 2 OG Droids, a D2G and a samsung intercept for a friend. My advice to anyone attemting anything with your device is to read the directions carefully then reread about 10 times so you really understand what to do, and please do not skip any steps. Someone took time writing the instructions you are reading to make sure you dont have problems, so seriously dont skip anything even if you think you can.
You hit the nail on the head. People dont really read or just skim through it. More and more people have become to lazy to read, not to mention search. People have generally became lazy.

If you ask me people should be required to pass a test to use the internet just like one has to pass a driving test to drive. Of course the problem now is, atleast in the US, the driving age is set to young. To many of todays youth are to immature to be given that privileged and I think it shows when you look at statistics compared to other countries. Anyways, sorry, rant over lol.

Oh and in regards to having an original back up, personally I say no need. We have RSD Lite which does exactly that.

onelazyballa

Reaction score
so i read everything. and i get a failed flashing process on status. what am i doing wrong?

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
With such a generic post it is hard to say. When does it happen, for example? Are you sure you have a D2G and not a D2? I dont think the flash will actually fail on a D2 though. Have you tried to redownload the sbf zip? You did extract the sbf file from the rar file right?

onelazyballa

Reaction score
its ok i had to search everything. it has to do with computers running windows 7. it seems to be a persistent problem with other people.
Here are step by step instructions:
[1]Go to the folder where you installed RSD Lite
[2]Delete any files that start with "FlashErrorLog"
[3]Right click on "SDL.exe" and click "Run As Administrator"
[4]Move your recovery file to the root C:\ directory
[5]Rename the recovery file to something short, like "r.sbf", so that you will have space left for the filename to overwrite the junk characters
[6]Try flashing the file with RSD Lite - it will most likely fail, don't worry (if it works then good job, you are lucky )
[7]In the RSD Lite folder, open the newly created FlashErrorLog... file
[8]Count the number of junk characters after the real filename - for example if you have this error:

Code:
ERROR: \\?\c:\r.sbfqawñraï was not found.
then the junk characters are "qawñraï" and there are 7 of them, so we are going to add 7 extra letters to the real filename
[9]Rename the file to add the same number of letters/numbers as junk characters in the log file. In this case, we need to add 7, so change the filename to something like "r1234567.sbf" - make sure you add the characters BEFORE the file extension (".sbf"), not after!
[10]Point RSD Lite to the renamed file, click Start, and it should work!

credit goes to Aiesline

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
@onelazyballa, did you try the original file name by placing it in the root of your c drive or in C:\moto likes I recommended in the first post?

@nerdslogic, it happens from time to time, just try every few minuets or so. Links work fine.(just putting this out there for others since we spoke via PM.)