Gingerbread Full SBF 4.5.608

Dark Cricket

Reaction score
This is the last full SBF official for the Droid 2 Global. This will put you back to the last stock OTA without having to do any other updates later. Flash with RSD Lite.

As with any such file posted on a forum site, use at your own risk, but I know that is the official VZW SBF file

Step 1: Boot into the bootloader, you do this by powering on and holding power on + volume up + volume down. You should see a black screen with text that says battery: OK

Step 2: Plug is your usb cord into the computer you loaded the rsdlite file on

Step 3: Click on your rsdlite program. You need to run as an administrator, to do that hold shift key and right click on the rsdlite program (do that as you are about to open the program).

Step 4: Next to the file name text box in the rsdlite program are three little dots. Click on those dots and find the file Click on that file and then click start. Make sure you have a strong battery before flashing this is the one time you need to ensure your battery is ok to get through the process, because the program erases everything and re-flashes your phone.

Step 5: Wait for it to get to 100% and reboot your phone to the motorola "M" symbol first then unplug your device. While at the M take off the battery cover out and remove your battery. Wait for about 3 seconds and then reinstall your battery. Power on and hold the physical X key until you get to the triangle and !.

Step 6: on your physical keyboard push the search button to get into the recovery mode. From there you are going to wipe data/factory reset. AFter that is complete click reboot.

Thanks to our friend toto221 for this file.

Download: Gingerbread Full SBF 4.5.608

Md5: 2152ee89e314f5b282753ee56fa36c07

PLEASE DO NOT REPOST THIS ANYWHERE ELSE, IF YOU DO LINK IT BACK TO THIS THREAD PLEASE!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
tested and worked
skipped this part
While at the M take off the battery cover out and remove your battery. Wait for about 3 seconds and then reinstall your battery. Power on and hold the physical X key until you get to the triangle and !.
Step 6: on your physical keyboard push the search button to get into the recovery mode. From there you are going to wipe data/factory reset. AFter that is complete click reboot.

if you do steps 5 and 6 don't use search button use both volume buttons that changed with GB

used Rsd lite 5.6

had to *228 to get service
petes root tools worked
used my windows 7, 64 computer
20120117-195652.jpg

barryweston

Reaction score
tested and worked
skipped this part
While at the M take off the battery cover out and remove your battery. Wait for about 3 seconds and then reinstall your battery. Power on and hold the physical X key until you get to the triangle and !.

if you do steps 5 and 6 don't use search button use both volume buttons that changed with GB

used Rsd lite 5.6

had to *228 to get service
petes root tools worked
used my windows 7, 64 computer
View attachment 46040

You say you had to 8228 to get service. If I do this SBF with RDSLite, can I still use the touching each corner of the LCD to skip the activate section?

Thanks!

barryweston

Reaction score
Sorry. Edit that last post to *228.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
You say you had to 8228 to get service. If I do this SBF with RDSLite, can I still use the touching each corner of the LCD to skip the activate section?

Thanks!

I believe there was an option to skip

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app

barryweston

Reaction score
Yes. If you touch the four corners starting top left then moving clockwise it will bypass the active call thing. Is that what you were referring to for *228?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums