The official d2g sbf from TBH

zero7404

Reaction score
Yes, the lock code for the SIM is stored in an area of memory that is not flashed by the SBF file. It will not relock the device.

just answered me a question i posted in another thread ... thanks

posted via android

JMAjustin

Reaction score
I'm so lost, I just don't want to brick my phone. Do you have to flash the SBF before you install any ROMs? And is there a chance to brick your phone when you flash the SBF? So many questions..

Reaction score
I'm so lost, I just don't want to brick my phone. Do you have to flash the SBF before you install any ROMs? And is there a chance to brick your phone when you flash the SBF? So many questions..

It's quite simple, and laid out pretty clearly. The SBF is the file that Motorola puts on your phone at the factory. It overwrites every piece of preinstalled software on the phone to factory defaults. You don't have to flash it before you install a ROM, it's for going back to stock after a ROM, or if you brick your phone. If you don't get things like this, I suggest you do some more reading before you start trying to flash ROMs. Check out all the stickies in the D2 and D2G forums, there's a lot of really good info.

area52

Reaction score
ok I need some help. Just went from D1 to D2 rooted, bootstrapped and loaded liberty, except something went wrong, the keyboard is not mapped properly so I can log into my google account and I have no data (yes I dl the one dof d2) and way trying start over but now I cant find the sbf file. can anyone help?

area52

Reaction score
thank you so much!!
I did see that link and I have been trying the link in the post for the past hour and it kept saying the sbf was removed. just tried again and got it....now I just need to find the drivers, that link is not working now

area52

Reaction score
So I flashed the sdf using 4.9 I did not update the drivers from 4.7. the install failed and my phone is stuck in bootloader and says "code corrupt". If I use the above drivers is this recoverable or did I completely screw my phone? <- that would figure considering I just had a trojan explode on my computer so am sitting here watching that reformat and recover....then hopefully onto fixing the droid...its not my night :(

got it to work! Thanks for your help cellzealot.

volsfan1965

Reaction score
the version of this sbf says 2.4.29. my phone says I have system version 2.4.33 and android version 2.2. I am very new to all this and I was going to root my phone tonight cause I thought i had everything i needed. then this version conflict came up.
what do I do?

CellZealot

Reaction score
This will recover a phone running either 2.4.29 or 2.4.33 and then can be updated to 2.4.33 just by taking the OTA again. The notification to download the update will likely happen as soon as you activate the device after flashing the SBF.

You only need to use the SBF in the event of a catastrophic failure or problem of some sort from something you have changed after rooting.

Bottom line, you are fine with this file should you ever need it.

area52

Reaction score
the version of this sbf says 2.4.29. my phone says I have system version 2.4.33 and android version 2.2. I am very new to all this and I was going to root my phone tonight cause I thought i had everything i needed. then this version conflict came up.
what do I do?

I sbf'd (new verb) this file after screwing up my phone on Saturday and got the ota right away. it works just make sure you have the correct drivers cellzealot posted above.

Corwin

Reaction score
If I flash my 2.4.330 with 2.4.29 and then do the updates, will I have all of the stock apps that I deleted back?

Reaction score
If I flash my 2.4.330 with 2.4.29 and then do the updates, will I have all of the stock apps that I deleted back?

Yep. That's the point of an SBF... It writes EVERYTHING to the phone. It's the file Motorola uses on each brand new D2G when it rolls off the assembly line. Be sure to wipe your cache before you SBF or you'll go into a bootloop. If you can't do it before (i.e., your phone is soft bricked), don't worry. Just flash the SBF, it'll probably go into a bootloop, pull the battery out, replace it, and then go into stock recovery (X on the keyboard while turning it on) and choose wipe cache, then reboot, and you should be fine (You might have to SBF one more time after that, but don't worry, it'll work the second time). If you get a "please manually power up this device" at the end of the SBF, don't panic, just set your phone's USB to PC Mode, this should get you a pass in a few seconds.

Akrynym

Reaction score
So I flashed this morning, and after it rebooted, everything was exactly the same. There was no google activation or anything, it was like nothing was done to my phone (except for it being unrooted). I had the same wallpaper, launcherpro setup, etc. Only thing was I had to dial *228 to get service.

I am gonna try flashing again, am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Realized I had to do a factory reset.