The official Droid pro sbf from TBH

substanceneil

Reaction score
I flashed the SBF (2.26.20) but my phone shows Settings > About Phone > System Version 2.26.2.XT610.Verizon.en.US.

Before the flash, I had version 2.26.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US.

I thought the flash would be an update. I have the old version on bootstrap/clockworkmod backup. Which do you think is a better version? Phone seems to work the same regardless, except now I have to reject the OTA update. If I accept the OTA update to the newest firmware, my phone's touchscreen does not operate and I have to reflash the SBF.

Advice is appreciated.

Neil

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was not an update, it was to have something to work off of if you root and wipe programs you shouldn't or "brick" your device.

chinkster

Reaction score
i am trying to flash the sdf but i cannot press the start button? rsd lite is recognizing my phone and it is connected already but the start button is greyed out. can someone please help me.

basr

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I need to reactivate with Verizon if I flash this?
That would be problematic for me since I'm in the Netherlands and bought this phone through Ebay.

I want to make this phone like stock before I sell it, because I've rooted it.

buckeye25

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am trying to get this to work, but have been running into a problem. I have followed the instructions to the letter, but when I hit start on the rsd program, it immediately says "flash failed, phone connected, 0x7100" and shows that some of the info for my phone (bootloader version, firmware version, and a few others) is "N/A". I have reinstalled rsd and redownloaded the actual file, but I am still getting the same issue. USB debugging is also turned on and all the drivers that i know of are installed correctly. Any advice? Thanks in advance

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am trying to get this to work, but have been running into a problem. I have followed the instructions to the letter, but when I hit start on the rsd program, it immediately says "flash failed, phone connected, 0x7100" and shows that some of the info for my phone (bootloader version, firmware version, and a few others) is "N/A". I have reinstalled rsd and redownloaded the actual file, but I am still getting the same issue. USB debugging is also turned on and all the drivers that i know of are installed correctly. Any advice? Thanks in advance

Answer is in this post:

If you get "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite - Android Forums

BIG_neutrino

Reaction score
Is there a way to flash the sbf using a Mac, as RSD Lite is PC-only (other than using someone else's PC) ?

Ditto...any help in flashing the sbf using a a Mac with OX 10.4 Tiger would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will need to have a virtual machine or boot Linux, and use sbf_flash.

Sent from my A855.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Hi all. Just wanted to confirm before I take the plunge. Running gb via early vzw ota. Do I need to flash back to the most recent froyo, root, then download the tbh app and proceed with that process? If anybody is really bored and wants to spell it out for me step by step I wouldn't say no..... :)

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are you looking to do?

Root with the TBH version of Gingerbread?

I believe you have to SBF and then upgrade to 3.8.7 then SBF to TBH GB. But I believe there are directions elsewhere in this DPro forum.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly what I want to do, but now thinking about it it seems like a lot of steps to get root on gb. I should have checked around before accepting the gb ota. Serves me right. I might just leave as is and go without root. I really just wanted to remove the start sound and remove the bloatware.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
To avoid having to do the two OTA updates, use the 3.8.7 sbf file that is available in the TBH app. That would save you a little bit of time so its not such a long process to rooted gingerbread.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
If you're on Gingerbread, couldn't you just SBF back to stock and take the 3.8.7 update if you don't like it?

tevagoa

Reaction score
Just to make things clear for me. SBF will return my phone to stock android from google, without all the stuff motorola/verizon put on? Is this froyo or gingerbread?

I'm from EU using GSM mode. I bought phone from ebay and it was unlocked (i just instered my sim card and all worked), is it possible the phone will be locked after SBF?

tnx