The official d2g sbf from TBH

zero7404

Reaction score
So I flashed this morning, and after it rebooted, everything was exactly the same. There was no google activation or anything, it was like nothing was done to my phone (except for it being unrooted). I had the same wallpaper, launcherpro setup, etc. Only thing was I had to dial *228 to get service.

I am gonna try flashing again, am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Realized I had to do a factory reset.

google sets things up such that the device will auto restore ur apps from the market after you input ur gmail account during setup.

i dont really agree with some of the features approaches used with android and the free services google offers .... but dont have much choice if i want to use the platform ....

i am going to keep that in mind when im out shopping for a new device next time.

posted via android

leobg

Reaction score
Today I accidentally found an SBF that can flash directly to 2.4.330 firmware. It is on Chinese Android forum: here is Google translated thread.
Initially it seemed same (file size is exact same) as TBH official 2.4.29 SBF, so I was about to pass, but decided to check hash checksums with TBH release and they came up different! I have explored the file with sbccodec and RSDlite and it seemed like legitime SBF file with all the necessary stuff. RSDlite showed (if I understand right) there is no boot loader included with this SBF, so I decided I can give it a shot on my phone. Lo and behold it flashed fine and indeed phone was set with 2.4.330!

Here is another link for download of this SBF courtesty of user hexpor@modmymobile forums: Multiupload

From the Chinese forum translation I left with the impression there is some modification made on it like language support, but everything seems standard on my phone (English and Spanish only)/etc, so maybe Google didn't translate it quite well. If there is somebody with better understanding of the native language used on that forum than me - please enlighten us :)

BlindObject

Reaction score
I tried to SBF today, bootloop. Tried pressing X when turning on and it shows a droid figure and a "!" sign. What do I do?

**I forgot to clear the cache. Is there a way to clear it from my pc?

leobg

Reaction score
I tried to SBF today, bootloop. Tried pressing X when turning on and it shows a droid figure and a "!" sign. What do I do?

When you get the ! sign press the magnifying glass button, stock recovery will open. You can do the wipe there.

zero7404

Reaction score

after getting to that screen, press the mangnifying glass key ... u will see the menu. clear data and cache twice then restart s/b fine ...
to make a selection use the OK key

posted via android

leletmai

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the links to download RSD lite and the sbf files will be fixed because I tried clicking on them and it says files deleted. Please help my phone is stuck on boot logo and I want to hurry and fix it, thanks.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
just an fyi.. the link for RSDLite 4.9 with drivers link at the beginning of this thread has been deleted... does anyone have another link or can i safely use RSDLIte 4.7.2 and still be safe with running sbf on my d2g?

CellZealot

Reaction score
RSD Lite 4.9

RSD Lite 4.9.rar

Latest driver release is available from Motorola.

FYI, that link was the second from the top when I googled RSD Lite 4.9 so it's not like it's hard to find! ;)

Reaction score
just an fyi.. the link for RSDLite 4.9 with drivers link at the beginning of this thread has been deleted... does anyone have another link or can i safely use RSDLIte 4.7.2 and still be safe with running sbf on my d2g?

You have to use 4.9, none of the previous versions support the D2G's hardware.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
RSD Lite 4.9

RSD Lite 4.9.rar

Latest driver release is available from Motorola.

FYI, that link was the second from the top when I googled RSD Lite 4.9 so it's not like it's hard to find! ;)

Thanks again Cellzealot .. and TBH... NOw that ive got rsd lite set up and drivers and such downloaded and all my ducks in a row.. when i feel ballsy enough to do this whole sbf thing i will .. maybe in a week or so .. but thanks in advance for all the help .. and if for some reason this totally goes south for me .. guess i can always go pick up a new phone ..

kickyindahead

Reaction score
update... just performed my first official sbf and it was a success!!! Thank you team black hat and everyone that helped me through it... you guys rock!!!dancedroid happy droid dance!! Now i can root properly and go about things better and more correctly than i did the first time around ..

CellZealot

Reaction score
Congrats! I don't think I have flashed more than a few hundred times now...it's always a little nerve wracking! ;)

kickyindahead

Reaction score
it was pretty nerve wracking .. but from i read and how i got prepared for it .. it was a sure fire thing .. or it should have been and .. well it was .. thank the droid gods .. cuz i wouldnt have had money to throw on another phone for a good week or so ..

rjs

Reaction score
Let's Start At The Very Beginning..

Objective... allow wireless theathering to my D2G.
I pay for an unlimited data plan... and seldom use 100Mb. Not a heavy user. Sometimes it would be much easier to read my mail on the laptop while away from home, instead of just the phone.

So, starting on the Market, I found the TBH app. paid for it, and downloaded it to my D2G.

I have read a long list of forum posts, and cant figure out how to use the files and apps.

Is there a step 1, 2, 3, 4, description of how to root the phone..? I really wouldn't be offended if it was so specific as to hold the phone in my left hand while pussing the button with the right.
Do I download the .sbf to my phone or to the PC...?
Is any file or driver needed that isn't contained in the TBH app...? (sbf, RSDlite, RSDlite drivers) What about the baseband drivers..? Do they all go on the PC or phone...?If the PC, do I just copy them off the phone while connected on the USB..?
Why the full vs. system&boot...?
After the load of the sbf... is the phone totally devoid of apps and configurations...?
Can I save my current state...?

See.... Lots of questions. Yes.. I did read the posts... but they are in random order given that each user seems to have troubles in a different place in the process...

And if i missed the obvious... and pointing link would be appreciated.

Please help me out...

THANKS

R