The "Got my D3"/ first impressions thread

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

BJPalmer85

Reaction score

nednarb

Reaction score
just got ours today. it is rebooting when i slide out the keyboard. i will take it to a vzw store, but wanted to know if anyone else had this issue.

thanks

A2Aegis

Reaction score
I went to the Verizon store to look at a few things (Droid3, qHD screen on the DroidX2, and 4G connectivity from their location), and I found the Droid 3 to be a pretty interesting phone. Motoblur didn't seem to lag at all, and the phone seemed to have that weight to it that I enjoyed with the OG Droid. I also really enjoyed the keyboard. If I wasn't so set on the Bionic, I would get the D3.

nednarb

Reaction score
just got ours today. it is rebooting when i slide out the keyboard. i will take it to a vzw store, but wanted to know if anyone else had this issue.

thanks

turned out to be the battery. i went to the store they issued a new, but put my battery in it and it did the same thing.

changed the battery and no more reboots on slide out.

dancedroid

phonixzero

Reaction score
Just realized that the Droid 3 has built in cifs. I could stream video right from my network drive with my file explorer. I know the dlna does this but it wouldn't let me use rockplayer.

This may have been obvious but all I know is I had to root my Xoom and Dinc to do that.
Cool stuff