Reaction score
Mine is here.

Post pics and first impressions!

Picture taken with my 3.2MP Blackberry
Droid3-1.jpg

Droid3 camera
6MPwide.jpg

Quick 1080P Video 24MB / 20sec video.

-Slider is a little tough and requires some force to actually slide out. This is my first slider phone, so I don't know how common that is.
-For those that still weren't sure, there is NO included microSD card. The slot for it is next to the sim card and does NOT require the battery to be taken out.
-It DOES fit into the Verizon Universal Pouch. Just by looking at the two, I was worried it wouldn't.
-The Verison VZ Navigator app is in fact, installed on the phone.
-I got a blinking GREEN led only so far, for both a new email, new text and a missed call. Nothing in the settings so far to modify this. I will try out an app that has worked on previous phones to see if I can change this.
-I do not like that I can't see how many new emails/messages I have from the app icon. Really liked this on Blackberry.
-Camera is great. Taking pics is not instant like it is on an iPhone. Takes a full second. My BB takes 3seconds, which is an eternity trying to take pictures of kids. My BB also delayed the image pretty badly.

Last edited:

Big D

Reaction score
Follow your own advice, good sir!

What the word?! How's she look?

anuraj1

Reaction score
It looks way better than the D2, that's for sure. A worthy successor to the D1.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Mine is here.

-Slider is a little tough and requires some force to actually slide out. This is my first slider phone, so I don't know how common that is.
-For those that still weren't sure, there is NO included microSD card. The slot for it is next to the sim card and does NOT require the battery to be taken out.
-It DOES fit into the Verizon Universal Pouch. Just by looking at the two, I was worried it wouldn't.

Like the D1, Maybe there is a clear protective wrapper to peel off the back of the screen when you slide it out. This will make it silky smooth to slide open and close.

rushmore

Reaction score
The only issue is the bezel seems big... Perhaps room for a 4.3" display instead of the larger bezel? Then again, battery life would take a little hit.

KidCuda

Reaction score
I expect sample pics and video ASAP :) Nevermind that you just got a new phone...

Sent from my Droid X (soon to be Droid 3) using Tapatalk

rushmore

Reaction score
Mine is here.

Slider is a little tough and requires some force to actually slide out. This is my first slider phone, so I don't know how common that is.

Cool! Can not stand when the card is stuck behind the battery.

OP
Stevelord

Stevelord

Reaction score
Mine is here.

Like the D1, Maybe there is a clear protective wrapper to peel off the back of the screen when you slide it out. This will make it silky smooth to slide open and close.

At first, yes (before I posted). So I peeled that off and it helped a little. I'm sure it will get better over time. Not a big deal to me.

OP
Stevelord

Stevelord

Reaction score
-The Verison VZ Navigator app is in fact, installed on the phone.

entr0py

Reaction score
Does the Droid 3 have multi-colored LED notifications or is there a LED for notification?

Thanks

Reaction score
Does the Droid 3 have multi-colored LED notifications or is there a LED for notification?

Thanks

I am pretty sure that is a given. That would be a deal-breaker for me though. That was one thing (of many) that I hated about the iPhone.

OP
Stevelord

Stevelord

Reaction score

Thanks

I got a blinking GREEN led, for both a new email, new text and a missed call. Nothing in the settings so far to modify this.

The LED will stop, as soon as you press your LOCK/UNLOCK button. But will resume, if you immediately press it again. Will disappear if you go into the home screen.

(I am a new Droid user, so if some of this is standard, I apologize in advance.)

Last edited:

mattbooty

Reaction score
9:05 AM and it's "At local FedEx facility."

grrrrrrrr!

Mine is "Out for Delivery"... man with the modern systems these shippers have WHY can't they give us a GPS mapview of where the delivery guy is? It would just be so nice to have some clue as to what time he'll be here... I'm not even leaving for lunch for fear that he'll come while I'm gone (and we have a receptionist who'll sign for it... I just can't bear the idea that I would have wasted that time that could have been spent playing with it HAHA).