Just got my S3....need help/tips

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by birds24, Oct 2, 2012.

1. birds24

birds24 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

First thing's first, I just got my GS3 and while I'm not new to Android, I can definitely say I've never taken full advantage of a smartphone. Always used as a phone and email device. That being said, I've heard that this is the best thing on the market. What are the coolest things about it that I need to take advantage of? Haven't tried the voice feature yet, but I've heard it's good. I'm looking for any and all pointers and tips.

Secondly, I have so far only taken a couple pictures and a video with it. I'm frustrated. I was told this had the best camera/camcorder of all phones out there. My pictures are mostly blur, with no zoom, and the video that I recorded appears to be constantly zooming in and out on it's own. Almost like it's trying to focus and refocus and then again and again, making the video nothing but 3 minutes of blur. Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Thanks in advance!

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a sticky with Tips and Tricks at the top of this forum. Has a lot of great information. In my opinion the voice stuff doesn't work well and it just a gimmic ala Siri. Haven't tried video so I can't comment on that.

3. Scott0719

Scott0719 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    The video in the sticky is especially helpful for learning all the different features for the phone.

4. mlewis76

mlewis76 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just play with it and figure it out......don't root it tho.

5. mlewis76

mlewis76 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I can tell u that u may need to clean the lens. The reason the camera is the best is because of all the functions. Like the burst shot, if u hold the button in that mode it takes 20 pics, if u tap the best shot button n burst mode, it takes 8 pics n picks the best one for u. This mode is good for action shots. i didnt know how to do stuff but i just played with the phone n figured it out n a couple days. Theres still things i find even after 2 months. Tap every button so u can see what it does. I had been reading on this phone for 3 months before it came out. U can also download the galaxy s3 helper, or one of many others to help show u what all the phone does. Good luck n have fun.

♕♥♔QUEE₦ BEE ♔♥♕

Search tags for this page
best video tips
burst shot on galaxy s3

galaxy s3 helpful hints

galaxy s3 helpful tips
gs3 tips and tricks
justgotmygalaxys3. how doigetitstartedathome?
pictures and video appear blurred samsung s3
samsung galaxy s3hints