First Impressions of Eris (vs. Droid)

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
:motdroidvert: vs. :droideris:

At lunch today my daughter took a pic of my wife and I (and no, the camera didn't break :)) with her Eris. Let me tell you the pic taken in auto mode and no adjustments looks way better than anything I've taken with my Droid. I hope software updates will make my camera that good. The picture was perfectly saturated, realistic colors and very sharp. It was taken indoors (good natural light coming from behind the camera) with no flash.

I love the seven home screens and how light and nicely fitted to your hand the Eris is. I still like the Droid better, it has a better looking and feeling screen (imho) and is easier to navigate. Of course, I haven't spent nearly the time with the Eris as I have with the Droid.

You can't go wrong with either phone.
pretty lame review, but what the hay

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats weird cause don't the Eris have just a 3 megapixel camera?? And the Droid has a 5 megapixel....so you would definitely think the Droid camera quality would be better....but it probably just depends on the environment in which the pic was taken actually

flspnr

Reaction score
Thats weird cause don't the Eris have just a 3 megapixel camera?? And the Droid has a 5 megapixel....so you would definitely think the Droid camera quality would be better....but it probably just depends on the environment in which the pic was taken actually

Nope, Eris has 5MP camera too. :)

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
My friend and I were comparing cameras, he had the moto droid and my eris took way better pictures and video. It was pretty dark but you could still see just fine on mine and I didn't even have the brightness turned up. Also he couldn't even get the videos to play, he had to reset his phone to get it to work lol sucks his phone is $100 more and my little eris was kicking its ass.

refthemc

Reaction score
:motdroidvert: vs. :droideris:

At lunch today my daughter took a pic of my wife and I (and no, the camera didn't break :)) with her Eris. Let me tell you the pic taken in auto mode and no adjustments looks way better than anything I've taken with my Droid. I hope software updates will make my camera that good. The picture was perfectly saturated, realistic colors and very sharp. It was taken indoors (good natural light coming from behind the camera) with no flash.

I love the seven home screens and how light and nicely fitted to your hand the Eris is. I still like the Droid better, it has a better looking and feeling screen (imho) and is easier to navigate. Of course, I haven't spent nearly the time with the Eris as I have with the Droid.

You can't go wrong with either phone.
pretty lame review, but what the hay

I think theres other Camera Apps in the Market that you can try out that might help with your Moto Droid. Ex. "FXcamera"

bllarkin

Reaction score

At the phone level, 5 MP vs 3 MP isn't going to make any difference. You are looking purely at the optics at this point (the lens), and both are crappy cell phone lenses, so then it comes down to the processing software. A lot of it is probably the environment in this case (I have taken some amazing pictures with my Droid, but all out in the bright Arizona sun), but inside both phones suffer horribly.