Email setup

EduardoP

Reaction score
I'm a very brand-new Droid 3 owner and this is my first Droid, since I had been a Blackberry person before. I am so far VERY pleased with the way the Droid is working and how much better than the Storm 2 it is, in many ways....except the email setup. It had taken me less than 5 minutes to set my 5 different email accounts with the BB and I have not yet finishing setting them up in the Droid! One of them is my job email address and there are some issues there that I will need to fix with the administrator and are not related to the droid in itself, but let's say that except for the gmail account ( DUH!), nothing can be done automatically. Is this the experience of others too?

Tsquare

Reaction score
It just depends on what email you are trying to set-up. Some (gmail) are easier than others. If your work email is exchange, it should be pretty straight forward as well. If the other email is something similar to a cox.net email, you will need to know the incoming and outgoing server settings details.

OP
E

EduardoP

Reaction score
Email accounts stopped working!!

Just to followup on what I was saying last week: the email setup is not only more difficult than with the blackberry, it does not last!! After having used them pretty well for the last three-four days, both my AOL and my hotmail accounts, which I had finally been able to setup, stopped working altogether now. I keep getting error messages saying they cannot communicate with the "smtp.aol.com" server, or the hotmail equivalent. The gmail keeps working perfectly well. Any one has any ideas about what I can do about this? It does appear that it could be a verizon issue, but I am not sure.

OP
E

EduardoP

Reaction score
The problem I was referring 4 days ago was solved! it was a matter of switching from Wi Fi to the verizon network.