The Disappointment Thread

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
Just upgrade to ICS... all you do is remove the back plate, take out battery, unwrap ice cream sandwich, shove said ice cream sandwich into the battery slot, put battery back in, put back plate back on, power up, put your Droid in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until sparks start flying from it and microwave explodes and you're upgraded to ICS. Warning the update is only in the ALPHA state so there may be bugs.

that was hilarious

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just upgrade to ICS... all you do is remove the back plate, take out battery, unwrap ice cream sandwich, shove said ice cream sandwich into the battery slot, put battery back in, put back plate back on, power up, put your Droid in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until sparks start flying from it and microwave explodes and you're upgraded to ICS. Warning the update is only in the ALPHA state so there may be bugs.

I knew a guy, who knew a guy, who was friends with the sister of another guy who tried this and said it worked perfectly.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I knew a guy, who knew a guy, who was friends with the sister of another guy who tried this and said it worked perfectly.

You're darn tootin' it works perfectly. It's the safest update process known to the OG. Well, this and rooting(You take your OG, dig a hole, place OG in said hole, cover with high quality soil, add a little bit of Miracle Grow and water for 3 days. Your OG should sprout up from the ground and should be fully rooted).

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nexus, Pure Google, I fail to see the disappointment anywhere :icon_ devil:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're darn tootin' it works perfectly. It's the safest update process known to the OG. Well, this and rooting(You take your OG, dig a hole, place OG in said hole, cover with high quality soil, add a little bit of Miracle Grow and water for 3 days. Your OG should sprout up from the ground and should be fully rooted).

This is probably safer. Unfortunately with the microwave method, you have a purchase a new microwave afterward.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
I agree, this thread is ridiculous.

So you really don't get how I could be disappointed? At all? I like how some people have entered this thread and have given proper counter arguments, and then some have just come in here to ridicule with no productive reasoning.

I stated why I was disappointed: no exynos processor, my D1 can already do almost everything ICS can do, no BlindType announcement. I think these are legitimate complaints. For someone to come into the thread and bash without backing up their statements is real childish.

Sent using common sense.

1ceFiend

Reaction score
My OG is no longer taking calls =(

Give me a Nexus NAOW

My OG freezes 25% if the time when I get a call and overheats if I look at it wrong :/ Not even oc'd anymore. It ran perfectly fine until the Bionic came out...odd.

Oh, and why are people still complaining about the camera? Go buy a real camera if you want great quality. And isn't the 4460 underclocked from 1.5ghz?

This phone is going to be amazing, just release it already!

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
So you really don't get how I could be disappointed? At all? I like how some people have entered this thread and have given proper counter arguments, and then some have just come in here to ridicule with no productive reasoning.

I stated why I was disappointed: no exynos processor, my D1 can already do almost everything ICS can do, no BlindType announcement. I think these are legitimate complaints. For someone to come into the thread and bash without backing up their statements is real childish.

Sent using common sense.

If your coming from a OG Droid and think the G-Nex is a disappointment then you're not thinking outside the box. The G-Nex will be waaayyyyy more responsive than the OG, the camera is 10x better, if your OG does everything ICS does then I bet ICS will do it better since it was optimized specifically for the G-Nex, the display is going to put the OG's to shame and last but not least it's all Vanilla. Now if you were comparing this to the SGSIII then I'd say I'm disappointed too but how can you be disappointed in a faster, better looking device than your OG? I think people got hyped up about the rumors and forgot that's what they were, just rumors. At first I was a little bit disappointed because I wanted the better specs(obviously) but everyone forgets that the G-Nex is still a beast of a phone even compared to the newer ones dropping this year. Don't base your decision purely on the numbers but how the phone performs. The guts of this phone still show potential for it to be what we wanted it to be.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sent using common sense.

My apologies.

1) No exynos. Ok, valid point, and I partially agree. On the other hand, the Omap is no slouch.
2) Your D1 can already do almost everything ICS can do. Um, no, sorry. Can your D1 take pictures that fast? No. Is your D1 virtually lag free? Definitely not. Can your D1 multitask like that? Nope. Can your D1 stock launcher resize widgets? How about changing dock icon? Oh, didn't think so. NFC? No again.
3) No BlindType. I agree, BlindType is incredibly impressive, but who's to say they didn't integrate some of this into their so called "much improved" keyboard. I haven't read anything regarding this, but it could be possible.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in this thread's title. Let's rename it to "The Impressed Thread".

jcardona1

Reaction score
My apologies.

1) No exynos. Ok, valid point, and I partially agree. On the other hand, the Omap is no slouch.
2) Your D1 can already do almost everything ICS can do. Um, no, sorry. Can your D1 take pictures that fast? No. Is your D1 virtually lag free? Definitely not. Can your D1 multitask like that? Nope. Can your D1 stock launcher resize widgets? How about changing dock icon? Oh, didn't think so. NFC? No again.
3) No BlindType. I agree, BlindType is incredibly impressive, but who's to say they didn't integrate some of this into their so called "much improved" keyboard. I haven't read anything regarding this, but it could be possible.

LOL yeah, the statement about the D1 being able to do what the GN can do is laughable, at best.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
My apologies.

Well said. The only disappointment I could really see as a valid one would be if the bootloader is locked down. Other than that I'm not disappointed at all with the things I've seen this phone do.