The Disappointment Thread

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

bigdad63

Reaction score
From 8+ feet away you can't notice a difference between 1080 and 720. Also, the lense has more to do with picture quality, even blown up, as MPs. My 14MP Cannon point and shoot can't come close to touching my 6MP Nikon DSLR.

For the last time: Can we stop saying "more MP = better camera"? Please!

That's right, it's more mps on the same hardware is a better camera. (sorry couldn't resist) ;-)

patriot95

Reaction score
Ha! Na, I just do it as a hobby, nothing on the pro level. That picture there, is no longer mine, so I can't legally sell any prints. Signed all the rights away to NatGeo :)

You could sell a pencil that comes with the print? Lol!

And I am a Canon guy, but I got a great deal on my DSLR at a yard sale. Got a D100 for $30. I couldn't pass that up.

patriot95

Reaction score
That's right, more mps on the same hardware is a better camera. (sorry couldn't resist) ;-)

I hate you :furious: (jk)

I would agree with that statement. Just not the blanket statement that more mps mean it's better. We aren't talking about the same harware or the same software here. so people should relax until the device is in some hands.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Yes of course. For the small minority that want to view cell phone pictures on gigantic monitors, it will matter. I think it's silly. Cell phone cameras are not at the point where they can make quality poster-size prints, despite what the MPs tell you. Viewing it full size will look grainy no matter how big the file is. That's just something for the pixel-counters to obsess over. For that, you still need a real camera. When I want a 20x30 print for my wall, I'll go to my DSLR :)

258386_1858691225437_1185586150_1810747_3153946_o.jpg

1st, that is a sweet pic, you've got talent. 2nd, I'm talking about off the cuff stuff that I might enlarge a little and give away to the grandparents (they love the pics of the girls). Nothing pro quality. 3rd, I'll try out all of the phones and see which one fits me the best. Whichever has the least deal-breakers wins.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
From 8+ feet away you can't notice a difference between 1080 and 720. Also, the lense has more to do with picture quality, even blown up, as MPs. My 14MP Cannon point and shoot can't come close to touching my 6MP Nikon DSLR.

For the last time: Can we stop saying "more MP = better camera"? Please!

Lol well, friend that would definately depend on the screen size..lol and as for the mp making a better camera..that's true...Depends on many other factors...I shot professional with an olympus 12mp camera that the only reason they need this is because we did blow up to 30x40 and it was indeed needed...But if it were up to me...I would use a real camera..non digital old school where lighting and distance and backgrounds were your friend..with the digital world...people are thinking that the higher the better mp wise...its all depending on size...and digital photography has come a long way..just not quite the way things were.......nevermind...As you can see..I'm WAY off topic at this point lol
Anyway...to keep to the thread.....I'm not at all disappointed by the mp of the phone...lol And as stated earlier...they are good for a quick whim..but I wouldn't ever pose a family with my phone..lmao!
You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate you :furious: (jk)

I would agree with that statement. Just not the blanket statement that more mps mean it's better. We aren't talking about the same harware or the same software here. so people should relax until the device is in some hands.

Haha +1 just put the dang thing out already..I want I want!!

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but it makes it pretty apparent that they have used some top of the line stuff in the videoware.

Behold the video recording power of the Galaxy Nexus! | Android and Me

I love what they've done with this 5MP with the camera.

It goes to show that instead of trying to get the biggest MP number on the spec sheet, they went for producing the best picture/video.

That alone makes me want to move to the Nexus. All these other companies pushing 8MP-10MP cameras and the software either is terrible, or the lenses are terrible and they produce poor pictures/video quality.

The Nexus is going the direction I want to see a company go, they're going for actual results instead of wowing you with the spec sheet during the sale.

Heywood

Reaction score
Wow! That footage looked outstanding...even on my old DX2 pentile screen. Seriously that first segment almost looked 3D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

bigdad63

Reaction score
I love what they've done with this 5MP with the camera.

It goes to show that instead of trying to get the biggest MP number on the spec sheet, they went for producing the best picture/video.

That alone makes me want to move to the Nexus. All these other companies pushing 8MP-10MP cameras and the software either is terrible, or the lenses are terrible and they produce poor pictures/video quality.

The Nexus is going the direction I want to see a company go, they're going for actual results instead of wowing you with the spec sheet during the sale.

If this is truly indicative of its vid/cam qualities, it gets a huge checkmark in that area (Hopefully we don't get too much degradation when it's handheld and not on a tripod). Does anyone have an opinion on how nexus phones do as far as call quality and speakerphone volume/clarity?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
There hasn't been any news released about the speaker volume or call quality as of yet.

Here's a quote from the review of the Nexus S that Engadget did when it was released:

The sound quality on the Nexus S is right up there with some of the best phones we've tested. Speakerphone calls and music came through loud and clear over the external speaker, and we were downright wowed with how loud and clear the earpiece sounded. Even when we were having a conversation in a crowded room, the Nexus S pumped out audio that was crystalline to our ears. Coupled with excellent service on T-Mobile's network, we were not only able to make calls where our iPhone failed, but the clarity and volume of those calls were superb.

jerroedr

Reaction score
I remember the rumor mill saying that a dual 1.5 processor was coming. I know at that speed its like splitting hairs, but do we know what happened there? What is the stupid apple A5 processor rated at?