The Disappointment Thread

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well said. The only disappointment I could really see as a valid one would be if the bootloader is locked down. Other than that I'm not disappointed at all with the things I've seen this phone do.

I agree, the bootloader would practically kill this device for me. Also, the Exynos would have been preferable because of its better graphics capabilities, but there's no doubt in my mind Google and Samsung put the OMAP 4460 in the Nexus for a specific reason. I'm going to trust them on this and let it slide. All things considered, the Nexus stomps my OG into the ground in every possible way. I cannot wait to have this device in hand.

jcardona1

Reaction score
A locked bootloader would suck, but even if it came locked, I'd still choose this phone over anything else out right now, for Verizon at least. I'm not switching carriers, so that's not an option. Even with a locked bootloader, I'd still choose this over the Razr, no question about it. The camera alone is light years ahead from anything Motorola is capable of doing.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
A locked bootloader would suck, but even if it came locked, I'd still choose this phone over anything else out right now, for Verizon at least. I'm not switching carriers, so that's not an option. Even with a locked bootloader, I'd still choose this over the Razr, no question about it. The camera alone is light years ahead from anything Motorola is capable of doing.

You do know its ICS, not the Camera that makes the nexus pics look great right?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You do know its ICS, not the Camera that makes the nexus pics look great right?

This is completely untrue.

They've said it themselves they've improved the camera hardware quality, the lenses, the sensors, the light exposure ect...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Where's the proof? I don't buy it. Not until I see ICS running on a Motorola phone and taking pics just as fast as the Nexus.

There is no proof yet. Just going by what Google qnd Motorola have stated. Take a 1080p video with the Bionic and it's as clear as the nexus. Not saying the nexus won't have a better physical camera, but the software is purportedly a major player in the quality.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is completely untrue.

They've said it themselves they've improved the camera hardware quality, the lenses, the sensors, the light exposure ect...

Sorry, but, no, it's not. Instead of getting in to it now. Let's just wait till some moto devices get ICS. Not going to argue over something that can't physically be shown at the moment.

jcardona1

Reaction score
There is no proof yet. Just going by what Google qnd Motorola have stated. Take a 1080p video with the Bionic and it's as clear as the nexus. Not saying the nexus won't have a better physical camera, but the software is purportedly a major player in the quality.

Will be interesting to see when Motorola phones get the update. But for now, I take it with a grain of salt. The video of the Nexus S running the ICS port was not good at all. Camera was horridly slow. I realize it's just a port, so we'll see...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shadez you are wrong about this and being a person who reports news on this website, you should not spread false information that ICS is responsible for the quality of the camera on the Nexus.

You have no proof that ICS will improve Motorola's continued use of poor quality cameras.

Samsung has stated they dramatically improved the hardware in their camera and it shows. ICS is not going to take your shutter speed to zero, that is hardware related just as much as it's software related.

It's why my OG still takes forever to take a picture and can't take pictures or video in low light, bad camera hardware.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Shadez you are wrong about this and being a person who reports news on this website, you should not spread false information that ICS is responsible for the quality of the camera on the Nexus.

You have no proof that ICS will improve Motorola's continued use of poor quality cameras.

Samsung has stated they dramatically improved the hardware in their camera and it shows. ICS is not going to take your shutter speed to zero, that is hardware related.

Well if you also read any Moto or Google forums their would be no need for this discussion. And you implying I am spreading rumors, if you also read the last 2 posts here, you would see I said I am basing this on what was said on those websites, and I think they have a little more insight into the situation than you do.

For that matter, if you read ANY post about ICS and the camera software, you would know this.

Posting an uneducated assumption based on your need for whatever reason to doubt my credibility, all's you need to do is look at my history.

doublea500

Reaction score
im going to take a stab at it by saying that the camera hardware has something to do with the camera quality.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll mark this post and come back to it once the Bionic gets ICS and we'll see where you stand then.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'll mark this post and come back to it once the Bionic gets ICS and we'll see where you stand then.

Deal! And doublea500, of course it does. What I was stating is that both google and moto have acknowledged that the moto cameras are as good if not better than most cameras on the market as of 'now'. Moto openly admitted in the forums that the camera wasn't their top priority. Now, coupled with Google buying motomobile, Google said that they will utilize the moto's cameras to their full potential with ICS. So, if I'm wrong in the end, I'm wrong. And as part of the news team as Liderc so kindly likes to point out, I research before I post.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
just wait for the s3

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

doublea500

Reaction score
Deal! And doublea500, of course it does. What I was stating is that both google and moto have acknowledged that the moto cameras are as good if not better than most cameras on the market as of 'now'. Moto openly admitted in the forums that the camera wasn't their top priority. Now, coupled with Google buying motomobile, Google said that they will utilize the moto's cameras to their full potential with ICS. So, if I'm wrong in the end, I'm wrong. And as part of the news team as Liderc so kindly likes to point out, I research before I post.

i see what you mean, but i am going to agree with liderc on this one. ics will help it, but not to that extent where photos will be instant. thats just my opinion, we will find out soon.