Excitement vs disappointment

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by pc747, Oct 13, 2011.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,919
    Right now people are excited about the nexus prime just like we are every android device (hype beast) and at the same time iphone fans are not as stoked about the iphone 4s. So here is my question, when people go and buy the devices and actually use it will things flip and more nexus prime customers be disappointed compare to iphone 4s customers. See the iphone 4s has been already played down so people are not expecting it to be a game changer so the increase in speed and ios 5 tweaks may take them by surprise. The other side is we are all hyped up over the nexus prime its suppose to be the beast we finally been waiting for. In the past the beast we been waiting for (tbolt, bionic, charge) has had some issue that has driven some people to be sort of disappointed. See when you have a lot of hype you either will meet it or cause disappointment. Remember vanilla android does not have the "eye candy" as a sense, blur, or touchwiz. The people who are mainly excited about the nexus are a similar group which are mainly the people who care enough about android to follow it on forums. I had the D1 and I remember seeing sense and even blur (froyo blur) and thinking "wow that looks nice". The nexus should be smooth and fly because of not having a ui on top of it. In the end will Nexus users be proud of their purchase or disappointed.

THis is not meant to bash iphone or android, because they will alway be linked and as iphone improves it pushes android and vice verse. So keep it civil and do not bash someone with a different opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    *Puts on flame suit*

The general public in my mind always looked forward to and hype beasted the next Apple device, while being kind of *meh* over android launches (Apple markets itself so much better than Android devices). In my opinion, this is where android has the oppurtunity to become more of a general public interest.

3. jleeusa

jleeusa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it is Vanilla, the average will be disappinted. But those that know what they are getting will most likely be fired up. Does the "average" user even know what's coming? Do they know what to be disappointed about? These things seem to drop out of the sky with little notice.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

4. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The Nexus devices I believe are aimed more at the rooting audience then most phones. Google knows that there are many developers and consumers that want this exact type of phone, (vanilla, unlocked bootloader, and first with new os's). I for one am not really buying into the hype. This will be my next phone, but everyone who is getting involved with the hype is setting themselves up to be dissapointed. Take the hype on the Bionic for example. The hype on that phone was rediculous, and now there are so many dissapointed users when its still an amazing device!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

5. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +329
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL & C
    I'd sure like to know if the Nexus phones have had big sales numbers? That would tell a bit of the story. I hate to say it but I have grown to like the fancy Sense and Blur visual stuff also. I'll get that Prime if it really wows me tho!

6. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,919
    Yes I too am buying the nexus but I know what I am getting into.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

• Like Like x 1
  7. gthotie5

gthotie5 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I was just thinking about this earlier.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

8. catfisher

catfisher Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It makes perfect sense...hype it up to an audience who is totally oblivious to the actual upcoming items. People will buy based on hype and possibly then buy out of pocket for the next hype. Excellent for making money I think.

I still believe that one must take every comment for face value and get the device that you want. No one should purchase something based on a cool commercial or simply because so and so said it is awesome. That isn't information it is opinion. I think that is why we have such haters running around.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

9. gthotie5

gthotie5 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    That's how iphone got so big I know a handfull of people who knew nothing about the iphone and got it just because it was "cool"
    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

10. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Im stoaked,Im finallly gettin a phone that will get me back n the game(after 9mos of waitin)and getting a phone that will get timely updates 4 the next 2 yrs and will have all these xtras, 32gb,HD screen,4.65,4.0,and bloat free,yeah!!!come 2 daddy.:icon_ banana:

11. Crankintopwater69

Ratings:
    +116
    Same here,Ive googled this phone everyday just 2 stay on top of the features,so ill @ least no something about her,unlike vzw employees who no nothin about this phone.I asked a rep 2day about this phone and he looks @ me and says-we're not gettin it-i just said ok and walked away.

12. Crankintopwater69

Ratings:
    +116
    Good point catfisher.

Search tags for this page

excitement vs disapointment