The Disappointment Thread

jcardona1

Reaction score
My biggest disappointment is that I do not have this phone in my hands right now.

Seriously. I don't know where this so-called disappointment came from. The things some people complain about in this thread make me facepalm. Have fun holding out for the next latest and greatest phone.

patriot95

Reaction score
That was one tldr... but from the first paragraph I think your post was on the right track. I'll "like" it for the thought you put into it.

lobo13

Reaction score
I was expecting a little more from this phone. With non removable SD Card slot and apparently it will have a Pentile screen. Not exactly the be all phone that everyone thought it was going to be

bigdad63

Reaction score
Sorry, I think this is absolutely incorrect. The new camera app, coupled with ICS optimizations is what will make this the best camera experience on the market. The zero-shutter lag is because of the os, not the hardware.

Take a 5mp photo and an 8mp photo and enlarge them and you will see the difference with the extra graciousness. If you don't print out photos or show them on a big screen, then that camera should be fine. For people like me that do those types of things, it may not be good enough.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^You blow up your phone pics? If you do that, why not carry an actual camera? Does any phone camera really take a shot good enough to blow up yet?

bigdad63

Reaction score
What makes no sense is complaining about megapixels. Zero shutter lag is record breaking. Megapixels is a marketing gimmick. Motorola has proved this time and again with their 8mp garbage cameras. I'm glad they stuck with a 5mp camera. Just shows that Samsung was confident in the great camera on this phone that they didn't feel need to stuff needless megapixels in an effort to to make sales. the smaller the file size, the better IMO. Nothing like trying to email a 5-6mb file of what is already a terrible quality photo to begin with.

That's wrong, if you take all of the same internals and increase the megapixels from 5 to 8 you will have pix with much sharper detail, especially if they are enlarged or shown on a tv. You can say a little extra detail doesn't matter to you but don't say there's no difference between 5 and 8mp.

PS-I totally agree that the zero shutter lag is awesome.

bigdad63

Reaction score
^You blow up your phone pics? If you do that, why not carry an actual camera? Does any phone camera really take a shot good enough to blow up yet?

99% of the time then I need my SLR, it's at home in the closest. For Vacations it's great, for being spontaneous, not so much.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's wrong, if you take all of the same internals and increase the megapixels from 5 to 8 you will have pix with much sharper detail, especially if they are enlarged or shown on a tv. You can say a little extra detail doesn't matter to you but don't say there's no difference between 5 and 8mp.

This is true...Megapixels are also like watching a larger than 32in tv..if you don't up to 1080 You WILL see the pixelization.....If your 32 or smaller..720 will not make a diff...its all a ratio...But I can agree, if your not going to print the pics to a larger size, its useless...And as already stated , zooming to see detail will require a higher pixel to allow cleaner less pixelization....And I myself would like the option of a higher mp as I was a photographer and I take many pics and send them to family, and when it hits there computer or they want it blown up, I don't want them to see pixels...lol and...to carry around a camera and a phone, kindof defeats the purpose of them even upgrading the technology into these devices...lol..But, its what each person wants....Honestly between the 5 and eight..Not too too much diff....once you hit the 12 and 14 then oh yes..biiiiiiiig difference....peace!
Edit..yes I misspelled and used there instead of their and it bothered me enough to edit...Lol
You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
-------------------PEACE---------------------

jcardona1

Reaction score

PS-I totally agree that the zero shutter lag is awesome.

Yes of course. For the small minority that want to view cell phone pictures on gigantic monitors, it will matter. I think it's silly. Cell phone cameras are not at the point where they can make quality poster-size prints, despite what the MPs tell you. Viewing it full size will look grainy no matter how big the file is. That's just something for the pixel-counters to obsess over. For that, you still need a real camera. When I want a 20x30 print for my wall, I'll go to my DSLR :)

258386_1858691225437_1185586150_1810747_3153946_o.jpg

patriot95

Reaction score
From 8+ feet away you can't notice a difference between 1080 and 720. Also, the lense has more to do with picture quality, even blown up, as MPs. My 14MP Cannon point and shoot can't come close to touching my 6MP Nikon DSLR.

For the last time: Can we stop saying "more MP = better camera"? Please!

jcardona1

Reaction score
Ha! Na, I just do it as a hobby, nothing on the pro level. That picture there, is no longer mine, so I can't legally sell any prints. Signed all the rights away to NatGeo :)