The Disappointment Thread

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed there is no removable storage on the Galaxy Nexus, I know the battery is replaceable, have a look at this picture, the phone on the left is the galaxy nexus, I could be wrong, but that looks like a mini SD card slot next to the camera.

galaxy-nexus-hands-on-11-AndroidCommunity-540x417.jpg

*Correction, now I think it is the 4G LTE Chip, :(, still getting it.

Sadly, I think it's actually for a SIM card.

EDIT: oops, didn't see you put that at the bottom :)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The camera I look at as more of a hardware upgrade rather than an ICS thing.

Sorry, I think this is absolutely incorrect. The new camera app, coupled with ICS optimizations is what will make this the best camera experience on the market. The zero-shutter lag is because of the os, not the hardware.

wolstonc

Reaction score
How is everyone disappointed in something not released yet? Give it a shot... I would be disappointed if Verizon screws the phone up. But other than that, it'll be hard to disappoint me. I actually had a dream last night where I got the nexus.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
How is everyone disappointed in something not released yet? Give it a shot... I would be disappointed if Verizon screws the phone up. But other than that, it'll be hard to disappoint me. I actually had a dream last night where I got the nexus.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

In your dream, were you disappointed?! ;)

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
What are you looking for an SD card for? Do you switch the SD between devices a lot? SD cards always have the chance of failing and wiping all of your data (i've had it happen).

You can always back up to your computer and move the data.

As for the removable battery I would agree, I don't want a phone without a removable battery

I have my movies on my 32 gig class 10 card,backups on a 16 gig class 4 and several others for work and or play.... that my bionic can hot swap cards is awesome,.
Hmmm, likelihood of reflashing a rom on the fly without a computer with no sd.ext avail....l hmmm?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Jradish

Reaction score
Sorry, I think this is absolutely incorrect. The new camera app, coupled with ICS optimizations is what will make this the best camera experience on the market. The zero-shutter lag is because of the os, not the hardware.

Sorry I think this is absolutely incorrect. What you are implying is that it has never been Motorola's fault for having less that par camera's, but it is google's software? How has other company's like HTC been able to overcome the horrendous software ( maybe by better hardware???? ). You might be delusional if you think ICS is going to somehow make the Bionic's camera go from zero to hero overnight.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might be delusional if you think ICS is going to somehow make the Bionic's camera go from zero to hero overnight.
No, but it should improve the experience tremendously. It's no secret that Android's current camera app is terrible. Not any longer.

doublea500

Reaction score
i believe that the S in the Iphone4S is more of a game changer then siri. siri is a nice feature but it really is unnecessary. for example- the commands text.... is something that android also has, and is quite unused and another command- the set alarm feature is also something android has. it again, is unnecessary. the time it takes to set an alarm is 2 minutes depending on the date and how far away it is. this does not impress me. the only thing that does impress me is the better voice recognition that iphone has.

siri to the iphone is like air freshener in my room. its nice, but its not needed.

as for ics. i thought they did a great job with everything. my opinion is that it depends on what type of user is holding the ics device. it is not very beginner oriented, especially not the the extent that the iphone is. however, they did really get some nice key features. they improved the multitask interface system by not only giving what the current screen of the app is in a great way for a 4+ inch screen, but they also gave us a task to SMOOTHLY ELIMINATE programs we dont want running by just swiping it left or right. great idea.

they improved the camera ALOT as well. the gb and froyo cameras are really just awful. Dont even get me started on the gallery app!!! they gave more options and a panorama mode (kinda cool yet not needed).

the interface is improved as well. great font i must say. the blue color really fits and truly looks natural with the phone. they made alot of little changes that improve the interface too such as the homescreen drag and drop (which they got mostly from honeycomb), and the magazine part was nice as well.

However, the galaxy nexus was slightly a let down for me. dont get me wrong, its an amazing phone, but the projections really brought my hopes up and caught my attention. the early rumor of the quad core phone (yea... right). the two let down points for me are the battery which has a lower battery power then what it was projected (1750) i thought it would be from 1850-2000. and the other let down for me was the camera which even the projections got correct. its 5mp. my question is really just why. it makes no sense. this is supposed to be a recordbreaking phone and they put a 5mp camera on it. My 2+ year old droid 1 has a 5mp camera.

all in all, ics=great, galaxy nexus=great as well. from the videos i saw and the keynote it looks like its a lagless smooth phone. what else could you want. lets just hope it has good battery (which i am kinda scared of. you think it would be an important specification to tell in a keynote. if it was great then they woulda said it :0) I apoligize for this long post.

jcardona1

Reaction score
and the other let down for me was the camera which even the projections got correct. its 5mp. my question is really just why. it makes no sense. this is supposed to be a recordbreaking phone and they put a 5mp camera on it. My 2+ year old droid 1 has a 5mp camera.

What makes no sense is complaining about megapixels. Zero shutter lag is record breaking. Megapixels is a marketing gimmick. Motorola has proved this time and again with their 8mp garbage cameras. I'm glad they stuck with a 5mp camera. Just shows that Samsung was confident in the great camera on this phone that they didn't feel need to stuff needless megapixels in an effort to to make sales. the smaller the file size, the better IMO. Nothing like trying to email a 5-6mb file of what is already a terrible quality photo to begin with.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Man, the hang up on camera mp's.. I doubt anyone here would be able to tell which pic was taken with a 5mp as opposed to a 8mp camera. I'd bet money on it!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Man, the hang up on camera mp's.. I doubt anyone here would be able to tell which pic was taken with a 5mp as opposed to a 8mp camera. I'd bet money on it!

double click on both if you can't tell which 1 larger native then you are probably right but my eyes can pick out 1 picture larger than the other, laugh out loud

jcardona1

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread to prove a point. Megapixels mean everything right?

My GF's 12mp POS P&S

My 12mp DSLR

Jester6x

Reaction score
I have my movies on my 32 gig class 10 card,backups on a 16 gig class 4 and several others for work and or play.... that my bionic can hot swap cards is awesome,.
Hmmm, likelihood of reflashing a rom on the fly without a computer with no sd.ext avail....l hmmm?

Hate to say it but I have a feeling you are in a very small minority here (I could be wrong). I don't see the need to fill up a 32gb with 5-10 movies and leave them on there constantly (but again, that could just be me). I keep a thousand pictures a few hundred small vids of my daughter, several hundred songs, my app back ups and never even come close to filling up my SD card. I would also assume the Bionic is like the other Moto phones where you have to battery pull to remove the SD card, so if you want to watch a movie you have to have the other SD card with you (I'm assuming you carry it all the time??) battery pull, put other SD card in, watch the movie, battery pull, other SD card...rather, rinse, repeat. That's also assuming you don't have a case on it. Personally, I'd rather keep the SD clean of excess stuff I don't need and use one, or just not have one at all and just use internal storage.