Swype Beta for Android™ - Updated Installer & Application!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
is pleased to offer an update to our Beta for Android!
I just got this email from swype. apparently it IS still beta for android!

First, we would like to extend our thanks for taking part in the Swype Beta. Your participation has helped us improve Swype and we hope you’ll continue to provide us with your insights and feedback.
Second, we are happy to announce that we've updated our beta software with several bug fixes and features. As such we’d like to invite you to download a new installer and put a new version of Swype on your handset to take advantage of the many improvements. The current version expires in the next couple days, so please do download the new version!

Sign-up for the Beta Program - Swype | Text Input for Screens

Users who aren’t in the beta program yet won’t be able to install Swype Beta as you have to download an installer, log-in then download swpye itself.

Once you’ve installed the beta, enjoy it! Please report any issues you encounter on our forums. So we can troubleshoot more effectively, when reporting issues please include as much of the following information as possible:
Phone Make/Model
Android OS (or ROM) version
Swype version
What behavior did you expect to see?
What behavior did you actually see?
Did you uninstall Swype and the SwypeInstaller first?
Is the device rooted?

You are also welcome to send email to [email protected] with additional feedback or questions. We are happy to get emails and will answer questions as soon as we can, but please remember to also check our forums for answers!
Thanks again for your help and support,
-The Swype Team
--Changes in this version of Swype--

• Added better context sensitivity for the “magic button” (go/search/enter/smiley)
  • Added automatic apostrophe insertion for contractions (e.g. won't, don't, wasn't, etc)
  • Added the Italian language dictionary
  • Improved sensing of field type to prevent the display and addition of passwords to the UDB (user dictionary)
  • Improved suppression of auto-spacing in fields such as URLs and email addresses
  • Updated the built-in dictionary to include several common words that were previously missing
  • Rewrote some settings descriptions to be more clear on their functionality
  • Fixed licensing issue causing “Limited Functionality” errors when rebooting devices running Android 2.0 and later
  • Fixed licensing issue causing some users to receive an “Incorrect ID” error when installing Swype
  • Fixed a bug where manually typing some words with word-prediction enabled would cause Swype to crash
  • Fixed a bug which caused some words added to the UDB to erroneously override other words when word-prediction is enabled
  • Many other minor bug fixes!

Last edited by a moderator:

dusbbal2008

Reaction score
not working for me. i uninstalled the old version and installed the new versions and now whenever i swype i just the blue rectangle around the keyboard like it doesn't recognize it. It is working fine for single key entry though.

misterMAG

Reaction score
not working for me. i uninstalled the old version and installed the new versions and now whenever i swype i just the blue rectangle around the keyboard like it doesn't recognize it. It is working fine for single key entry though.

Long press the text box > Switch to another keyboard > then switch back.

That generally solves that problem.

----

In other news, with all respect to the mod, but I thought DF wasn't allowing the download of swype to non-beta users. Correct me if I'm wrong...

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Another mod pm'd me about it and I told him to feel free to delete. I have no control of this section. I didn't realize there were "opened" and "closed" beta versions.

misterMAG

Reaction score
Another mod pm'd me about it and I told him to feel free to delete. I have no control of this section. I didn't realize there were "opened" and "closed" beta versions.

Ah. I see. Well, again no disprespect. :)

I downloaded it and it requires a beta email/password login. So, that solves that :icon_ banana:

bb-gun

Reaction score
Re: Swype Beta for Android™ - Updated Installer & Application!

It won't let me swype either. Everyone with the old swype, see if your version number is the same as the one shown in the pic I attached

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's working fine for me. maybe reinstall it?

and yes i had to sign in to get this too.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I edited the OP to include the link to sign-up for the Beta.
A download link for one will not work for another.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think you need to register. When I first got swype it was an apk. I think everyone is going to have expired swypes again soon

dusbbal2008

Reaction score
It won't let me swype either. Everyone with the old swype, see if your version number is the same as the one shown in the pic I attached

i just downloaded and have the same version number as you and it will not let me swype either

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dang am I the only one with a working version? :shocked:

dusbbal2008

Reaction score
Dang am I the only one with a working version? :shocked:

I'm running BB v 1.1. What ROM are you currently running? I just restored my old version of swype through titanium and deleted the new version until this gets corrected or whatever.