christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ii have a task killer, but the only time I use it is when my browser lags. I kill the browser and it comes back to normal. Sometimes I need to clean the cache too.

So I'm not a task killer hater, but I'd never recommend anyone use task killer to automatically kill apps, let alone two task killers. It just doesn't make sense.

OP if it's working for you fine, but I've seen too many people having problems with their phone who had task killers in them and simply removed the task killer or took it out of auto mode and that fixed the issue.

That's my opinion, and it's based on my own personal experience and what I've seen in the forum. I'd like to hear from the OP in a few weeks to see how it's still working for him.

o0HERO0o

Reaction score
I haven't had a task killer on my phone for over 4 months now. Linux does the best job at killing tasks, without the need for task killers. I do however have an app called CacheMate which does a wonderful job at clearing my phones Cache. IMO that is all you need.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
THough rooted, ima give it a try so I can judge fairly instead of throwing stones

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sorry op, but i had crazy lag...maybe I did not have a couple of setting right. But navigating through my phone just lagged like crazy and I had a few f/cs.

zeiroe

Reaction score
Just so people don't think I'm a task killer hater, I use an app called OS Monitor to watch my processes threads. There will be times when you need to kill a process because it was written poorly and thrown on the market. Once that happens I'll kill the process causing the problems to get functionality back on my phone and reboot if needed.

But using an auto task killer just to free up memory ... That's where I draw the line.

stevehy

Reaction score
I mean on a pc, task managers are used to kill hanging processes that might cause your system to stall a little bit, but that's only if your application is the cause of that issue. if you exit a program and check the task manager, its gone.

While I respect your opinion comparing Windows to UNIX and its memory management is not possible as Windows memory management and multi tasking is pure garbage as compared to any UNIX variant.
If you find that you need a task killer to maintain performance, don’t blame the OS, it is most likely a poorly coded app. With the Android marketplace accepting any and all apps (with no regulation over poorly coded apps) it is caveat emptor.
Don’t blame the OS but, the lack of Google’s supervision over the marketplace is the problem here, and consumers then turn to task killers to compensate for poor coding.
JMO.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Atm is working good for me. i went into spare parts and changed it to aggressive. got that idea from team chaos.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Wow just realized tapatalk doesn't subscribe me to threads, had to search for this one again lol... so @pilotchuck747 are u using an OC rooted ROM or...? Are you also using BOTH task killers as initiated by the OP?

I am very interested in this post since my fiance has the incredible and refuses to root... not like she's seeing any performance issues with the snapdragon, but maybe some battery eating issues...

armeddroid

Reaction score
I mean on a pc, task managers are used to kill hanging processes that might cause your system to stall a little bit, but that's only if your applicat

While I respect your opinion comparing Windows to UNIX and its memory management is not possible as Windows memory management and multi tasking is pure garbage as compared to any UNIX variant.
If you find that you need a task killer to maintain performance, don’t blame the OS, it is most likely a poorly coded app. With the Android marketplace accepting any and all apps (with no regulation over poorly coded apps) it is caveat emptor.
Don’t blame the OS but, the lack of Google’s supervision over the marketplace is the problem here, and consumers then turn to task killers to compensate for poor coding.
JMO.
I agree, I suspected the quirks are coming from a bad coded app. But nevertheless, it doesn't negate the fact when I exit out an app, it don't truly exits. I'm still new to the Android OS and making comparisons to 2 different systems is hardly fair which I'm not trying to. Just pointing out the similarities in functions. And curious to know why its so similar, yet has different purposes in managing its system.
I mean what is a good coded app vs a bad coded app? How does one determine the difference?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk