Found App for speeding-up Droid & saving battery!

broosewee

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it works as advertised, but it didn't hurt my day to day usage. Doesn't feel any snappier, but it's hard to say if you're already OC'ed.

There are so many variables like other apps, OCing, even external temperature that it makes it difficult to prove it's effectiveness. A dedicated study would need to be done.

I may uninstall because it just doesn't make a significant enough impact. Nice idea though.

beup

Reaction score
Hi,

i have a motorola milestone and i just installed it, and have some question about this apps,

There's not autolauch for this app right ? so we have to lauch the app every time we lauch our smartphone and set it as agressive mode ?

I'm trying to get my milestone faster cuz we cant overclock milestone like droid ...

Thx for help

beup

Reaction score
ok thx ill see if i notice some faster things, i also use TaskPanel and i noticed that when i didnt kill apps manually the ram was decreasing but now sometime it can gains memory like going 79mb to 82mb not a lot but it still a gain so i think the app is doing some good job .

pettinej

Reaction score
Just got it, fails, I have BB 7.7 and can't seem to get wifi to work for me, though I did use the droidrootpro 1.1ghz clock setting, and the wifi fix isn't fixing it =(.

I'm running BB 8.7 @ 950mhz, works great. Good find OP. For those on BB 7.7... look out, JIT is not stable.

Kinda weird I have BB 7.8 and I always get "failed".....

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just got it, fails, I have BB 7.7 and can't seem to get wifi to work for me, though I did use the droidrootpro 1.1ghz clock setting, and the wifi fix isn't fixing it =(.

I'm running BB 8.7 @ 950mhz, works great. Good find OP. For those on BB 7.7... look out, JIT is not stable.

I did not go back and read all this thread, so if this isn't on point, just ignore it:

Go to this site and download either 'pre4 or 'pre5. Put it on the root of your sccard. Unstall your current version of Wifi Tether for Rooted Phones. Install your new apk.

[FONT=&quot]http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

BTW, I tried the 'pre6 and it would not work on my Bugless Beast rom. The other two work flawlessly with no fiddling or fixes.

r-dubya

Reaction score
PFFFTTTT:icon_eek:

D/Led this, installed it and i think it actually drained my bat faster! Normaly i can get a full days use out of the battery, but my phone just died 30 minutes ago...

I'm uninstalling THIS bad boy....

pettinej

Reaction score

I did not go back and read all this thread, so if this isn't on point, just ignore it:

Go to this site and download either 'pre4 or 'pre5. Put it on the root of your sccard. Unstall your current version of Wifi Tether for Rooted Phones. Install your new apk.

[FONT=&quot]http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list[/FONT]

BTW, I tried the 'pre6 and it would not work on my Bugless Beast rom. The other two work flawlessly with no fiddling or fixes.

Thank you for the help but I tried both pre4 and pre5 and no wifi tether and I still get "failed".

pettinej

Reaction score

[FONT=&quot]http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list[/FONT]

Thank you for the help but I tried both pre4 and pre5 and no wifi tether and I still get "failed".
I upgraded to BB1.1 and it works now...

Darkman6909

Reaction score
This app sucks ever since installing it i get nothing but resets. I can be listening to music or just browsing the web and it will just show a black screen and shut down and restart.

Mars

Reaction score
DAY 3 of this install and I have seen an increase in battery life. I used to go about 4-6 hrs of normal to heavy use. Now I've actually seen 8-9 hrs of battery life. My phone runs much smoother too might I add. I dunno bout everyone else but it sure as hell works for me :icon_ banana:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
DAY 3 of this install and I have seen an increase in battery life. I used to go about 4-6 hrs of normal to heavy use. Now I've actually seen 8-9 hrs of battery life. My phone runs much smoother too might I add. I dunno bout everyone else but it sure as hell works for me :icon_ banana:

What profile settings are you using? I keep wanting to use the agressive one to have more ram available but for some reason I think this is overkill and might decrease performance over all.

mtbhk44

Reaction score
OK - I just installed this and rebooted. Took a little bit to get the phone going from boot but Dolphin is ROCKIN - this might be good. Thanks for the heads up OP

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys if your interested I found another program that I think has a little bit better UI and will restart with the options.
apparently there three main programs that change the native android memory management.

Minfreemanager, auto memory manager, and Auto Killer. They all do the same thing just with different UIs, I think I like Auto Killer the best out of the three.

AndRS Studio