Stock Motoblur ICS for droid4

LRiley

Reaction score
It doesn't install from 200 for me, craps out on a build.prop check..which is odd, I don't remember having messed with the build props. I unfroze my system apps too, but I have root on ICS, wonder if that's why.
same

crockettc1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

After flashing the .219 build prior to updating to the ICS leak, I lost root in the process and am currently running the leak with no superuser access. Is there any way to root this yet? I'm assuming no? Any help would be appreciated!

moccor

Reaction score
Working on installing this atm. A heads up to anyone like me that has just been watching this thread and thinking about flashing it, you might wanna start the fastboot file download now lol. It'll set you back 10+ minutes depending on your net speed.

Finally finished after a hour lol, had to backup and wanted to cleanup the SD card. Followed everything in the guide SGMD1 supplied us with and I too retained root. Just double check everything and you will have a working rooted ICS.

Last edited:

Garlick

Reaction score
just installed 206 and kept the root.

i don't know what you guys did to your build.prop, but mine flew through the installation.

it did say it was replacing lte so i think there are some radio upgrades in the new package.

Zuofu

Reaction score

i don't know what you guys did to your build.prop, but mine flew through the installation.

it did say it was replacing lte so i think there are some radio upgrades in the new package.

Did you come from 200 (the earlier ICS build) or a stock gingerbread?

itguylv

Reaction score

Well I am currently bricked right now. I went back and tried to flash .215/.219 like I did before, and then run the ICS update again, but i still get stuck at the build.prop Anybody have any ideas?

Zuofu

Reaction score
Well I am currently bricked right now. I went back and tried to flash .215/.219 like I did before, and then run the ICS update again, but i still get stuck at the build.prop Anybody have any ideas?

Did you try the old ICS update?

itguylv

Reaction score
Did you try the old ICS update?
Yeah, sure did. Now I am out of battery and after trying a bunch of other stuff I am in flash failure. Hoping the phone will charge with the wall outlet and I will try to flash again tomorrow.

problematic

Reaction score
Yeah, sure did. Now I am out of battery and after trying a bunch of other stuff I am in flash failure. Hoping the phone will charge with the wall outlet and I will try to flash again tomorrow.

I also got a failure fastbooting to 219 then trying to update to 206, so I fastbooted 219 again and updated to 200 and everything went smoothly.

A few pages back I got some questions about OTA RootKeeper failing, and yes, I followed instructions. However it probably failed because I 'backed up' a few different times in different safe systems before updating. I'm not sure where it saves or tries to load from, it's possible that it's 'incorrect.'

-EDIT- I searched around and can't figure out how to extract the radio image. I'd really like to flash back to the old version, but there seems to be only flashing guides and no way to backup.

Last edited:

Garlick

Reaction score
I also got a failure fastbooting to 219 then trying to update to 206, so I fastbooted 219 again and updated to 200 and everything went smoothly.

A few pages back I got some questions about OTA RootKeeper failing, and yes, I followed instructions. However it probably failed because I 'backed up' a few different times in different safe systems before updating. I'm not sure where it saves or tries to load from, it's possible that it's 'incorrect.'

-EDIT- I searched around and can't figure out how to extract the radio image. I'd really like to flash back to the old version, but there seems to be only flashing guides and no way to backup.

I know Safestrap was causing all kinds of headaches for some people on upgrading to the 200 leak, so if you had safestrap installed, that may have been what was causing the error.

itguylv

Reaction score
I know Safestrap was causing all kinds of headaches for some people on upgrading to the 200 leak, so if you had safestrap installed, that may have been what was causing the error.
Well I had safestrap installed before i went to the 200 leak. I tired to go back to 200, but I still get the same build.prop error during the update. Now my battery is low and I can't flash anything. Going to hit VZ this am and get the exchange....