If we used cheesecake...

mikespe

Reaction score
I was just curious...if we used cheesecake to download the 5.7.893 update and after installing we uninstalled cheesecake does the system revert back the the "stock" server or keep whatever server cheesecake last used? I was curious because This is what I did then eventually I got the "Check for update is not available at this time" message. But just for fun I decided to reinstall cheesecake & follow the same instructions I used to get the 5.7.893 update and now I am getting the "system is all up to date message. What server is the "stock" server to get the OTA updates? This way I can change it to that one to see if I am back on the update path.

Thanks

FYI...here is the directions I followed: [video=youtube;SyUPv1zMbLM]http://youtu.be/SyUPv1zMbLM[/video]

rduckwor

Reaction score
No, sadly you are now stuck with the files from the 5.7.893 OTA. Some files can be reverted to original, but there is no point as the kernal cannot be altered due to the locked bootloader.

We will just have to wait on Moto/VZW for relief.

RMD

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Mike,

I am not sure there is a specific server that would be necessarily dedicated to the official OTA. I say this as in the past with several phones, folks usually have querried users with OTA's (downloaded but not installed) to determine the server(s) for that ota. Then the dev's would head for that server to pull the file. If I were in your boat (like many other cheesecakers) I would continue to use the program/process to see if eventually something is made available to fix your situation. Since there is no other solution at this point, no harm in trying/hoping for a file to fix.

Craig

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I just find it kind of weird that when I changed servers the System update message changed too...If I try some of the other servers it asks me to create a motorola account but when I try it doesn't see my wifi (or ANY data)...but if I use the server I got the leaked update from the message changes to System Up to date?

Maybe someone with more knowledge than I can try some of the servers as well to see what they get? It couldn't hurt...