Stock Motoblur ICS for droid4

moccor

Reaction score
Is there a difference in the stock browser for this ROM compared to the one Hashtag put together for us? The browser looks exactly the same as that one but, it didn't automatically import all of my bookmarks like that ROM. The was the most awesome feature of all of them imo lol. The bookmark widget is really nice cuz it allows easy and quick access to all your bookmarks from you're chrome browser. Any help would be appreciated.

malfunctiion

Reaction score
If anyone is able to upgrade from the .200 to the .206 leak, please post detailed instructions on how you are able to do so! I, like most people, aren't able to get past the build.prop check when attempting to install the new leak in recovery, as the install package is looking for the GB build. (Surely, just editing the build.prop to match what the install package is looking for wouldn't work...)

However, they've figured out a way for those on the earlier RAZR leaks to upgrade to the newer versions, I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to eventually implement this for D4s as well: Get Unstuck From Ics(But Not Back To Gb)! [6.14.84/85, 6.16.203/204/206] - DroidRzr.com

A
lso, I remember someone mentioned hearing that adb/tethering don't work on the .200 build. In fact, they both work perfectly, you just have to install the latest drivers from motorola's website. I've used adb, mass storage, and usb/bluetooth/wifi (with sql database hack) tethering, all with no problems.
In fact, I'm hard pressed to find a problem with the .200 build, except for the lack of a 3g connected icon (the upload/download arrows appear, but not the icon). I pulled the SystemUI.apk, and it appears they just forgot to include the icon, as there IS an icon for non-fully connected (non-blue) 3g, as well as a gazillion other icons, such as a '3g+' icon and, interestingly enough, what appears to be an AT&T 4g icon.

Last edited:

Zuofu

Reaction score
If anyone is able to upgrade from the .200 to the .206 leak, please post detailed instructions on how you are able to do so! I, like most people, aren't able to get past the build.prop check when attempting to install the new leak in recovery, as the install package is looking for the GB build. (Surely, just editing the build.prop to match what the install package is looking for wouldn't work...)

However, they've figured out a way for those on the earlier RAZR leaks to upgrade to the newer versions, I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to eventually implement this for D4s as well: Get Unstuck From Ics(But Not Back To Gb)! [6.14.84/85, 6.16.203/204/206] - DroidRzr.com

I can confirm that just editing the build.prop doesn't work as I have tried it. It does a CRC on each of the files it installs expecting either the old gingerbread version or the new .206 leak (apparently you can reinstall the patch over itself).

ghostlobster

Reaction score
OK...here's another newb question. D4 owner here...had the thing since March and love it. I have NOT however rooted it yet, as warranty concerns loom large in my head. The last phone that I rooted was my OG Droid a few years back and all went smoothly...actually, I'm still using it around the house as an alarm clock, DLNA music controller and various other simple yet cool things.
So..onto my questions:
1 - Will the process documented here allow me to apply the .206 build to a stock, Gingerbread D4?
2 - Will applying .206 take me off the OTA upgrade path as .200 did?
3 - If I follow those instructions from question 1, and go through the process to maintain root, will I be able to get things back to completely unrooted stock Gingerbread.
4 - Why am I so scared to pull the trigger on this!???

cron666

Reaction score
because its extremely risky to do this. noone has made a complete walkthrough.
this is not jus flashing a new rom. you will NOT be able to go back to gingerbread by doing this.
you cannot install this alongside GB with safestrap, and there is a HUGE possibility of bricking your device.
my advice is to wait for hashcode or another dev to make an announcement (look for the green Developer tag under their name).
I see ppl posting walkthroughs without a disclaimer or warning. this is improper because of how easily this leak will brick your phone.

DO NOT DO THIS YET!!!

moccor

Reaction score
because its extremely risky to do this. noone has made a complete walkthrough.
this is not jus flashing a new rom. you will NOT be able to go back to gingerbread by doing this.
you cannot install this alongside GB with safestrap, and there is a HUGE possibility of bricking your device.
my advice is to wait for hashcode or another dev to make an announcement (look for the green Developer tag under their name).
I see ppl posting walkthroughs without a disclaimer or warning. this is improper because of how easily this leak will brick your phone.

DO NOT DO THIS YET!!!

Well no offense, but considering how small the Droid 4 community is atm and with the large number of people that installed this, there's pretty much no reason not to lol. Even if Hash does release a awesome CM9/AOKP, pretty much the whole D4 community here can't use it if we'er stuck on this :p. That's why I went ahead and did it. Practically every other D4 modded did it, so hopefully there will be some workarounds/finds.

problematic

Reaction score
Well no offense, but considering how small the Droid 4 community is atm and with the large number of people that installed this, there's pretty much no reason not to lol. Even if Hash does release a awesome CM9/AOKP, pretty much the whole D4 community here can't use it if we'er stuck on this :p. That's why I went ahead and did it. Practically every other D4 modded did it, so hopefully there will be some workarounds/finds.

Hash has all but promised to support it...

Actually, I have been hard at work with DHacker getting the new Moto ICS leaks ready for AOSP goodness. Based on how good its running we felt that for RAZR and Droid 4, our time would be better spent on what's around the corner.

Right now the build is mostly working for the RAZR and we are loading up the Droid 4 files to see how they run in the next few days.

To clarify:
Hardware acceleration for HD video in YouTube, Netflix, etc
Camera and Video recording
Chrome and other RenderScript apps

All working.

Now we do have some janky bits to work through:
We want to get data done right this time, im going to focus on this one till the device works the way it should. Data should come without having to go into menus and toggle stuff on/off over and over.

And the way Motorola setup the frame buffer is causing some graphical oddities at the moment (screen will shrink up and then pop out to the right size when you rotate the phone, etc)

So there ya have it. :)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Also from his twitter:

Hashcode ‏@Hashcode0f @justkrzy Yes. Install the new ICS leak from Moto :) or wait, it will be official soon enough

And since you can modify the xml and fastboot the last update and then run the upgrade we should be fine once the official build is released. The only thing I could think of that would really complicate things is if they updated the bootloader again, which doesn't seem too likely.

phrir1

Reaction score
Per hashcodes twitter...

@Hashcode0f Droid 4 ICS Leak Users: Putting the leak on the Droid 4. Once that's done, I'll setup a new build for CM9/AOKP and a new ICS Safestrap.

cron666

Reaction score
moccor said:

I only told him that because hes a n00b and doesnt understand the implications. Romming on the D1 is incredibly easy and safe. Hes got alot of learning to do.

ghostlobster

Reaction score
I only told him that because hes a n00b and doesnt understand the implications. Romming on the D1 is incredibly easy and safe. Hes got alot of learning to do.
Bingo, regarding me being a n00b to this...not quite so regarding me not understanding the implications, though. I'm very much aware of the bricking danger. All that being said, I think I'll wait for hashcode to give us another option, with a safety net as a precaution.

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Hiya peeps,

I did do the update on the Droid 4. However, I hit a snag. Once I was updated to .206, and attempted to recover root via the su-backup/RootKeeper, i see an odd message:

reloc_library[1289]: 27031 cannot locate '_mktemp'... CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

Seems I had an older version of su installed on the Droid 4 which was turned into an older su-backup binary.

NOTE FOR UPGRADERS: Make sure you run the Superuser "su update" feature. Then go in and remake your OTA RootKeeper su-backup to avoid this issue.

I'll try a few tricks later today to see what I can do about the root issue, and post back if I find anything. Technically, I have the su-backup in place w/ the correct permissions. I just can't use it atm.

grizzy3

Reaction score
For those who went from the 200 leak to 206, how were you able to get past the build.prop check? I recently updated to 200 and made no build.prop changes. I even tried temp unrooting then trying to update. Are you guys doing anything different?

Recnamoruen

Reaction score
So I tried flashing back to .215 which failed miserably, and was getting stuck at the fastboot screen with it saying that I failed the flash with the phone not booting. I updated back to the ICS .200 and still wouldn't boot, but if I bring up the recovery screen using the volume keys held down and goto bp tools, the phone will boot like it normally should back into ICS. Though if the phone does reboot it will go right back to that flash failed screen, just have to keep booting through bp tools. Just thought I'd post as a work around if you bricked your phone.

Last edited:

problematic

Reaction score
Hiya peeps,

I did do the update on the Droid 4. However, I hit a snag. Once I was updated to .206, and attempted to recover root via the su-backup/RootKeeper, i see an odd message:

reloc_library[1289]: 27031 cannot locate '_mktemp'... CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

Seems I had an older version of su installed on the Droid 4 which was turned into an older su-backup binary.

NOTE FOR UPGRADERS: Make sure you run the Superuser "su update" feature. Then go in and remake your OTA RootKeeper su-backup to avoid this issue.

I'll try a few tricks later today to see what I can do about the root issue, and post back if I find anything. Technically, I have the su-backup in place w/ the correct permissions. I just can't use it atm.

[ROOT] Root ICS beta - xda-developers Supposedly works for the Razr ICS leak. If I had any idea how to look for the correct hex values I would.