Help with cheesecake

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
I've installed r3l3as3droot 4ever root, everything ok, was already rooted before. Installed cheesecake, created proper files, rebooted, changed server to master staging 1 server, try to check for updates and it tried to communicate with server and says i dont have a data connection, asked if i want to setup a wifi connection or skip this step. Ive tried this on wifi and 3g, both have data connection and able to access the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated . I really would like to try my phone out on the new ota's. I'm running stock besides 4ever root, 5.5.886, everything is unfrozen.

sorry just found another thread that tells me i need to check other possible servers , that server might be down right now. If anyone can tell me the server that is working right now for the most recent ota that would be great. thanks

Last edited:
OP
M

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
Can't seem to find any server with the update except one that had the 899 or was it 999 update which from my understanding will take me back to stock. Anyone know what server I can get the updates on now?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DoctorV

Reaction score
I've installed r3l3as3droot 4ever root, everything ok, was already rooted before. Installed cheesecake, created proper files, rebooted, changed server to master staging 1 server, try to check for updates and it tried to communicate with server and says i dont have a data connection, asked if i want to setup a wifi connection or skip this step. Ive tried this on wifi and 3g, both have data connection and able to access the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated . I really would like to try my phone out on the new ota's. I'm running stock besides 4ever root, 5.5.886, everything is unfrozen.

sorry just found another thread that tells me i need to check other possible servers , that server might be down right now. If anyone can tell me the server that is working right now for the most recent ota that would be great. thanks

I did exactly what you did and I'm getting the exact same issue :( Figures the time I go through all the trouble of rooting and try to update the servers go down :(

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They can be updated manually ...if Cheesecake servers go down...

DoctorV

Reaction score
They can be updated manually ...if Cheesecake servers go down...

My buddy installed forever root and backed up my phone so I'm having some confidence problems outside of his help :) But I can give it a go on my own. I know I will be able to download that file and save it to the root of my SD card but it's the "go into stock recovery by pressing volume up & down while pressing the power button" part that I'm not crystal clear about. So I'm assuming I turn off my phone and then hold the volume up and down buttons and then press the power button and this will start me up in some sort of recovery screen? What's on the screen from there? Is it self explanatory? I'm just being overly paranoid about bricking my phone :icon_eek:

OP
M

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
I used one of the links to manually update to 5.7.893. Data hasn't dropped yet. Phone seems a lil more responsive and camera seems to be faster. Thanks everyone.

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
I used one of the links to manually update to 5.7.893. Data hasn't dropped yet. Phone seems a lil more responsive and camera seems to be faster. Thanks everyone.

I would have to agree with everything you said! Overall the phone feels more snappy