Need string text to BLOCK OTA on Bionic! Want to stay on .886 HELP!

xmguy

Reaction score
Can someone provide me the .893 data string needed to fool google/motorola servers from pushing the OTA to me? Long story but 43v3r root doesn't work for me. I want to wait for a .893 root option that will work without all the mess of 4ever root. I just want to stay on .886til then.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Unless someone else comes along, back in the day you renamed the otacerts.zip file. In /system/etc/security you will see otacerts.zip Rename to otacerts.zip.bak. I have only seen this mentioned once or twice in the Bionic forums, so I am not 100% that this will block. It certainly will not hurt anything to try. If you are getting server update notification, you will know in a hurry.

Craig

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
Not sure but you could try to make some backups of the bloatware and then remove them. Think that would make the upgrade fail and leaving you running the old code. Not sure about that.

deathwhitch

Reaction score
Removing The bloat Errol do it. I am unable to get The ota because done of my back UPS won't respite and it fails now. Would love to try The new update but short of getting a reset I can't :( we could always trade phones lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums