Stock Motoblur ICS for droid4

kwyrt

Reaction score
1989trouble07 said:
I actually just fastboot looped my phone on purpose just to test it out. Lol. VZW is right down the road and I still have insurance, so why not, right? Lol.

And it does work. I just edited the 219 xml and removed the lines for (cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery, and cdrom)
Then like he said, just let it flash all the partitions, wait on RSDlite to tell you to manually reboot the phone.
Then rebooted into recovery and flashed back to ICS no problem. I didn't wipe either. I still have all my apps, texts, etc and it's working like it was.

That's awesome! So just to confirm, you were able to successfully flash the .219 fastboot file after updating to the ICS leak, correct? After making a couple of mods to the fastboot file itself? Would you mind uploading your custom fastboot file somewhere?

boddah

Reaction score
I'm seriously regretting upgrading already. OTA RootKeeper didn't restore root for me and I don't like the new LTE radio. With the old radio I was able to get LTE most of the time with it only dropping occasionally, but I kept my phone on CDMA only to preserve battery. Now, the phone almost refuses to connect to LTE (like it's seeing the LTE signal is low and simply kicking me to 3g).

I wonder how long I'll leave it as-is before getting fed up with not being able to force LTE and trying to flash the radio from the old fastboot files.... :icon_ nono2:

Anybody care to help find the correct hex values? [ROOT] Root ICS beta - xda-developers

I would pay money if someone could figure this out. I'm seriously missing root.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
one step closer to enabling those who have flashed the leak to get back on track. good job.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

1989trouble07

Reaction score
That's awesome! So just to confirm, you were able to successfully flash the .219 fastboot file after updating to the ICS leak, correct? After making a couple of mods to the fastboot file itself? Would you mind uploading your custom fastboot file somewhere?

No, I mean I was able to flash back to ICS using what was posted earlier. It's only really useful if your phone is stuck in fastboot.
The only other benefit would have to be for when the official ICS update is released. And just flash back to 219 with the 5 lines removed, then apply the official update zip.

kwyrt

Reaction score
1989trouble07 said:
No, I mean I was able to flash back to ICS using what was posted earlier. It's only really useful if your phone is stuck in fastboot.
The only other benefit would have to be for when the official ICS update is released. And just flash back to 219 with the 5 lines removed, then apply the official update zip.

OK. Still good news though. Thanks for the clarification!

1989trouble07

Reaction score
Has anyone tested this with skype video calling?

one second and I'll test it. Lol actually on skype right now with a friend on my laptop.

Edit: Yes it does work just fine. It worked with me calling and with the other person calling me. Video and voice.

Last edited:

Big D

Reaction score
So this removes the argument that you should not DL the leak because you will be off the upgrade path for good. Right?

I'm sorry I keep asking this but this is a big deal for those of us who were waiting specifically to avoid that.

I have extremely limited skills and need to avoid the brick.

moccor

Reaction score
one second and I'll test it. Lol actually on skype right now with a friend on my laptop.

Edit: Yes it does work just fine. It worked with me calling and with the other person calling me. Video and voice.

Thanks for the test. After hearing so many good thins and people troubleshooting stuff, that would be the only thing preventing me from updating haha. I guess It's my turn to do it now :p.

1989trouble07

Reaction score
So this removes the argument that you should not DL the leak because you will be off the upgrade path for good. Right?

I'm sorry I keep asking this but this is a big deal for those of us who were waiting specifically to avoid that.

I have extremely limited skills and need to avoid the brick.

Pretty sure we will still be able to flash the official ICS update. The leak checks for a 219 install before installing ICS. and the official ICS update will also check for 219 install just the same. Just as long as those few simple steps are followed on page 18

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For anyone considering flashing this i suggest you wait....a 6.16.206 is now out first server under QA