Stock Motoblur ICS for droid4

r314bd

Reaction score
I have never tinkered with fastboot, so I don't think that's a required step as noted in the sticky thread.
This is basically true. Starting from scratch just makes it easier and avoids the update failures due to build.prop/app changes that many people have been encountering.

LRiley

Reaction score
I tried to fastboot from the link and of course it didn't work but since it got stuck on 6/18 i took the cdt file from the link and put it in the fastboot folder. this time fastboot accepted and passed 6 to 11/18 where it got stuck on devtree and i did the same thing then it got stuck at 16/18 which is the boot file. unfortunately theres no boot file in the link to use but if we can find a boot.img for the link I think it'll flash...

cbalde04

Reaction score
I love this build. Followed the steps to a "T", and it installed flawlessly. I own the bionic dock and the controls aren't all the same. The esc key doesn't go back like before, it opens voice search. I hope i find a way around that. Also mouse speed is slow. Wish we could have those things tweaked.

All in all, it works very well. Well worth the install risk. A few tweaks would make it perfect, but that's why we have such good devs working on CM9 and AOKP. To finish the software and make it better. Can't wait!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

gossipninja

Reaction score
I love this build. Followed the steps to a "T", and it installed flawlessly. I own the bionic dock and the controls aren't all the same. The esc key doesn't go back like before, it opens voice search. I hope i find a way around that. Also mouse speed is slow. Wish we could have those things tweaked.

All in all, it works very well. Well worth the install risk. A few tweaks would make it perfect, but that's why we have such good devs working on CM9 and AOKP. To finish the software and make it better. Can't wait!

in the main setting area, there is a language and input option, there is a pointer speed option. you can adjust it to your liking

problematic

Reaction score
I'm seriously regretting upgrading already. OTA RootKeeper didn't restore root for me and I don't like the new LTE radio. With the old radio I was able to get LTE most of the time with it only dropping occasionally, but I kept my phone on CDMA only to preserve battery. Now, the phone almost refuses to connect to LTE (like it's seeing the LTE signal is low and simply kicking me to 3g).

I wonder how long I'll leave it as-is before getting fed up with not being able to force LTE and trying to flash the radio from the old fastboot files.... :icon_ nono2:

Anybody care to help find the correct hex values? [ROOT] Root ICS beta - xda-developers

itguylv

Reaction score
I took one for the team and tried to flash back to .215 and got stuck in the fastboot loop at 6/18. Could not do any recoveries I got it fixed, but still on leaked ICS. Just follow these instructions on editing your .xml file on the stock rom.

1. I did a factory reset first to be safe.
2. followed these instructions Saved my bricked Device after playing with T-Mobile GSM - Leak - xda-developers removing the cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery
3. flashed using RSDlite
4. Phone seemed to freeze black screen (backlight on) after a reboot waited 5 minutes (until RSDLite asked to manually power up phone)
5. Booted phone in to recovery and reapplied ICS update file from SD card. Phone is working again back on leaked ICS.

EDIT: Don't install the second update (206) if you did this. It bricked my phone...no recovery.

Last edited:

itguylv

Reaction score
I tried the XML edit...see my post 2 or three up...cdt 6/18 is the first of 4 issues for fastboot. Again see my post above...so I can't get it back to .215 or .219, but it can be back to working on ics at least.

1989trouble07

Reaction score
Oh ok thanks. I misread what you posted. Lol.

Edit: Here's a thought for when the official update comes out. We can probably just remove those 4 lines from the xml as mentioned above Flash the 219 fastboot. Then reboot into recovery and flash the official ics update. Then be back on the upgrade path.

Last edited:

johnnydevil

Reaction score
I haven't dropped 4g since flashing. I'm not regretting it at all

Big D

Reaction score
Edit: Here's a thought for when the official update comes out. We can probably just remove those 4 lines from the xml as mentioned above Flash the 219 fastboot. Then reboot into recovery and flash the official ics update. Then be back on the upgrade path.

Any chance we can verify this?

This would be a game changer for me.

1989trouble07

Reaction score
Any chance we can verify this?

This would be a game changer for me.

I actually just fastboot looped my phone on purpose just to test it out. Lol. VZW is right down the road and I still have insurance, so why not, right? Lol.

And it does work. I just edited the 219 xml and removed the lines for (cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery, and cdrom)
Then like he said, just let it flash all the partitions, wait on RSDlite to tell you to manually reboot the phone.
Then rebooted into recovery and flashed back to ICS no problem. I didn't wipe either. I still have all my apps, texts, etc and it's working like it was.