Squidly 2.3.20.2 Rom

reyrey2435

Reaction score
I said to flash your recovery try .1 if you didnt have a recovery ,and the battery meter is the same. Question did you run any overclocking apps or anything like that.

i tried to install.1 again but i didnt mount like a dumass and now im stuck at moto logo no clockwork after battery pull just gets stuck at moto screen
If you live near Boston swing on by Ill fix it for you.

lol im in cali im on my way lol i wish

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i tried to install.1 again but i didnt mount like a dumass and now im stuck at moto logo no clockwork after battery pull just gets stuck at moto screen

i've always been able to get into clockwork by taking these steps i hope it works for you.

1. plug in your phone to the wall as its booting up take out the batter within the first few seconds of the moto logo

2. clockwork should appear and once in there back up to your latest backup

3. if you havent gotten the latest baseband then load up the verizon 2.3.2.0 root and install the rom

i hope this helps and gets your phone up and running again if not follow the guide in this thread about sbf i haven't done it myself but it seems to be a fail proof way of recovering your phone back from the dead. good luck and happy new years
thank u for the tip i really appreciate it question tho when do i put the battery back in and what the heck is this verizon baseband thing?

if u can get into clockwork with that method which always work for me i would restore the latest backup you have on your sdcard and call it a day if i were you

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The baseband was just to confirm you have the official update to 2.3.20 via sbf or OTA update.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
like i said the other day i appreciate all the hard work you do on making our droid2s smoother so i donated a little something to your paypal i know 5 bucks isnt much but get yourself a drink on me tonight.

dooop

Reaction score
Flashed it over .1 took for ever to boot and was laggy but i let it sink in over night seems to be working great and without problems as alway

Squid your amazing, much apreciation for your supadopefreshkillacool roms, hopefully send some thankyou moneys at somepoint pain in the ass without a creditcard tho

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, since I'm new to Squidly, I should SBF back to stock, then install Squidly using bootstrap?

rystan11

Reaction score
Squid,

Great job again! My Droid 2 is flying using 2.3.20.2. I followed your instructions and upgraded from 2.3.20.1 without a hitch. I also applied hapticless for 2.3.20.1 to this rom without any problems.

Thanks!

I did the same and all worked well. I had been using the phone (w/ .2) since 7am w/ the no haptic/bottomlckbr applied until I noticed the loss of framework (flip...etc) apparently after applying the no haptic bottom lockbar to .2, I lost the framework mod. So I applied it (flip flop) from gscript (which then rebooted), and I lost my no haptic bottomlockbar AND contacts. Luckily I backed up contacts. Am I doing something wrong? What should I do to achieve both nohapic bottom lockbar AND framework stuff?

EDIT**** I'm pretty sure I loss my accounts (no big - just sign back in) including calender info :(

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ya sign back in look at my instructions to add transitions to other framework

rystan11

Reaction score
Ya sign back in look at my instructions to add transitions to other framework

I was able to sign to my accounts however; I cannot get my facebook contacts synced with my contacts - I'm signed in but not getting All contacts. I will look further into the framework though.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sign out of fb go to add account if it is still checked go to applications all clear data on accounts and accounts storage then go back to my accounts and sign out of fb again wait 5 min. And sign back in.

event121

Reaction score
Not sure if it will help, but whenever I reboot into recovery...
If I mount system and mount data, then go back and perform a reset or wipe cache...
I have to mount system and mount data again.

I'm pretty sure it's just data that comes unmounted, but before you go to Install Zip from SD Card, make sure the last thing you did was come from checking mounts and storage to confirm. :)

Squidly Fullblur 2.3.20.1, Titanium Backup of apps just in case, export contacts to sd card just in case, Bootstrap, Reboot Recovery, mount storage, mount data, installed Squidly Fullblur 2.3.20.2.
Sat at the Droid Eye for maybe 3 minutes and then booted into phone. Everything is still the same as far as my screens and apps and accounts go.

Holy crap. It's like my phone just did a rail.

2.3.20.1 no haptic works fine.
My Quadrant scores are 1821 and then 1320 after running the sysctrl mod.

The "feel" is much faster and I got rid of those crazy flips real fast lol.

Great job!

rystan11

Reaction score
Sign out of fb go to add account if it is still checked go to applications all clear data on accounts and accounts storage then go back to my accounts and sign out of fb again wait 5 min. And sign back in.

Unable to successfully sync fb contacts. I did everything you said forwards, backwards... no change. Wrong night for this lol. Btw, I do have the facebook app as well, I also logged out of it and cleared data... don't know if that helps. *****Also realized that my launcher pro was signed in to facebook too...

lizard

Reaction score
Thanks for 2.3.20.2. Its an update for me. Have the hapticless bottom bar installed. I was surprised but not disturbed by the fact that it did not install over it. Install went flawlessly! Think im starting to get the hang of this. No lost contacts, profiles and settings all okay everywhere. Thanks for fixing backup manager typo. Ill sure send a donation. Thank you for you selfless donor support.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Unable to successfully sync fb contacts. I did everything you said forwards, backwards... no change. Wrong night for this lol. Btw, I do have the facebook app as well, I also logged out of it and cleared data... don't know if that helps. *****Also realized that my launcher pro was signed in to facebook too...

Everything to your contacts go through my accounts only just make sure your completely signed out of db then sign back in wait you'll see your 3g go nuts it will work if not you may need to wipe.

lizard

Reaction score
My run older programs in compatibility mode box seems to be checked by default. Also just wanted to throw a screenshot but I get an error while trying to confirm using df app. Tried jpg and png. Worked fine with your 2.3.20.1. Doesn't matter if it is a new pic or an old one. My alarm icon reverted to the old brown from a new looking blue one which originally showed an error dialog when I tried to open it for the first time. Said app not installed. Same old brown icon provides all of my orig alarms and seems to work and posts an icon in notification bar when set. Was the blue iconed alarm the blur alarm? Drocap2 was what I took screenshots with and the app has retained data and cache.